Do you think the Nintendo Switch is really region free?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Reactions: 3dsatackman
Emily Rogers was right about the October 20th Nintendo NX reveal (we learned about the Nintendo Switch name and saw it in action) and she's also saying the console will be region free.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/789120617404432384

I hope it's really true :D
I really hope so as well. Nintendo has been hinting to a region free console and if this was it that would be great. The Switch is a switch of ideas for a gaming console so hopefully nintendo switches to region free :p.

I might be missing something, but I never understood why anything was region locked in the first place. It seemed liike it was just kinds pointless.

I might be missing something, but I never understood why anything was region locked in the first place. It seemed liike it was just kinds pointless.

Different age restriction guidelines or sonothing like that.

I'm hoping that Nintendo Switch would really having region-free, since there might be a handful of import games that I wanted to play, especially if they look interesting and all. Besides, about a year ago, Iwata has been hinting on possibly making it region free on a discussion back then.

I could finally just get the games from the US for cheaper prices so yeah, I'm all in favour of this. Sounds like great news!

Plus I remember for the 3DS, we never got the first Adventure Time game here, just for DS... if 3DS wasn't region locked, I could've just bought the USA 3DS version probably for the same price as the DS one here.

It's going to be region free. A "AAA" company like Nintendo would never have it any different if they know what's good for them.

Back