Do you think the Secret Of Mana remake will come to Nintendo consoles?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The popular SNES Secret Of Mana game is getting a remake but unfortunately, we don't know if it's coming to the latest Nintendo consoles :/ We do know it's coming to the PlayStation 4 and.. the PS Vita D:

Four screenshots of the game can be viewed below :

som screenshots.jpg

Trailer :

You'll find 3D graphics, full voice acting and local multiplayer in the game. Would be awesome if they had extended the local multiplayer to online multiplayer too :D I'm hoping they do but haven't announced it yet. Then again, I wouldn't care too much unless it does come to the Nintendo Switch >.>

It's supposed to hit those two PlayStation consoles digitally on February 15th, 2018.

I skipped to 0:41 and thought this was an Ocarina of Time remake. And isn't it a bit odd how this SNES game is being remade for the xbox and playstation now instead of the switch (possibly)? I guess back then the SNES was the best place for 3rd parties but still, would make more sense if the remake stayed on the nintendo console...

I find it odd that it isn't on a nintendo platform in to 1st place cause after all it started on a nintendo platform. I do like how colorful it looks but it leaves me wondering how much effort they put into the game even if it is like a remake thing it's no reason for them to slack on it. I hope they don't mess this up after all they've messed up just about everything they have touched , even FF15 got messed up in a few ways regardless of it being decent . If they do well on this game then maybe at some point they'll have plans to put it on the nintendo systems. Till then we won't really know.

I don't think so games like Disney Afternoon Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 are ports of games on Nintendo systems but they don't get ports. I think it's an exclusivity deal with Sony since it's getting on the Vita which is not a smart move as it would sell way better on Switch

I think there might be one reason why Secret of Mana (or Seiken Densetsu 2)'s remake is not coming to Switch as of yet. The original game is already included as part of Seiken Densetsu Collection in Switch, even though it's only in Japan for the moment, so probs the makers are not sure the remake is necessary if the original is already coming to Switch.

Last edited:
If I know square, (which I do.) They wont port the remake of the secret of mana because they usually pull such jerk moves off like that.

Doesn't it ever feel strange looking back on all these old threads, seeing all the rumours and speculation of games that have now been confirmed, denied, or otherwise come back up again? Trials of Mana is out now on Nintendo Switch.

81PqAZXhlDL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I haven't played the game myself, but I thought the graphics looked pretty so I was once interested in it. Though I barely play any RPGs nowadays... dedicating myself to a game, god knows I don't have enough motivation for that.

Back