Do you think the switch should have virtual console?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date

Should the switch have virtual console?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
The virtual console on the Wii U and Wii was pretty big in my opinion and it had ALOT of consoles like the normal stuff ranging from the NES to the WII and even stuff like the turbo grafx 16 and the 3ds even had the sega game gear and the gameboys as virtual console, but the switch seems a little plain only having the neo geo on it as virtual console which isn’t really that exciting, but I think that if the switch ever does get virtual console that could be another great reason to get it cause imagine just playing like n64 or Wii (maybe) or GameCube (if we’re lucky) on the go, so my question is, do you think the switch should have virtual console?

I almost always tend to think yes. There are tons of great games that people would love to play on the go that Nintendo could literally just slap roms of up on the shop and they’d be happy... seems like Nintendo has been shying away from VC though... potentially to make their older games available through the classic edtion series (NES mini, SNES mini).

Reactions: AricAttack
¿why? if you want the games, the online suscription is totally better for that, i refuse to pay 5 euros for a nes game, but 20 euros for 20 games + all the ones they put there for the year is fair game

as I said in another tread, eventually they would have to release snes and n64 in the service, because there arent enougth nes games to give for a excesive long time and also other companies are releasing their classics in their own, so, even if other companies lets nintendo use their classics for the service, there will be one time when there will be no more nes games for the service and they will have to start with snes or other consoles

¿why? if you want the games, the online suscription is totally better for that, i refuse to pay 5 euros for a nes game, but 20 euros for 20 games + all the ones they put there for the year is fair game

as I said in another tread, eventually they would have to release snes and n64 in the service, because there arent enougth nes games to give for a excesive long time and also other companies are releasing their classics in their own, so, even if other companies lets nintendo use their classics for the service, there will be one time when there will be no more nes games for the service and they will have to start with snes or other consoles
I wouldn't be so sure they have to start using games from other consoles. Just because other companies are releasing classics and such of their own doesn't mean Nintendo will, or has to follow suit. Just like how because online memberships on different consoles grants you new games each month (well free, not necessarily new) doesn't mean Nintendo will follow suit. Nintendo has a long history of Zigging when everyone else Zags. They often do things there way not the way the industry does it.

Many people forget that SNES games were already announced with the online subscription, but Nintendo rolled that back and hasn't talked about SNES game since.

I wouldn't be so sure they have to start using games from other consoles. Just because other companies are releasing classics and such of their own doesn't mean Nintendo will, or has to follow suit. Just like how because online memberships on different consoles grants you new games each month (well free, not necessarily new) doesn't mean Nintendo will follow suit. Nintendo has a long history of Zigging when everyone else Zags. They often do things there way not the way the industry does it.

Many people forget that SNES games were already announced with the online subscription, but Nintendo rolled that back and hasn't talked about SNES game since.
¿?¿? that wasnt the point of my reply, if other companies are releasing their classics by their own (for example the megaman nes games, released in recopilations by capcom) or do not want to give them for "free" then that means there are less nes games that nintendo can give for "free" and they will have to start giving games that were originally for other nintendo consoles that werent nes sooner than some people think

also, by giving these games in the service, they are already releasing their classic by their own so, the only differente is that these games come included in a suscription

Reactions: AricAttack and Duffy
¿?¿? that wasnt the point of my reply, if other companies are releasing their classics by their own (for example the megaman nes games, released in recopilations by capcom) or do not want to give them for "free" then that means there are less nes games that nintendo can give for "free" and they will have to start giving games that were originally for other nintendo consoles that werent nes sooner than some people think

also, by giving these games in the service, they are already releasing their classic by their own so, the only differente is that these games come included in a suscription

The point I was trying to make was that Nintendo didn't have to give us any games with our online subscription. So what's to say they have to give us any more then they already have? They can easily just say, these 10 NES games are all you get, and never update them, add more, cycle them, give away newer games, etc.

The point I was trying to make was that Nintendo didn't have to give us any games with our online subscription. So what's to say they have to give us any more then they already have? They can easily just say, these 10 NES games are all you get, and never update them, add more, cycle them, give away newer games, etc.
they already said that they were goind to give more each month

they already said that they were goind to give more each month

There's not guarantee they stick to that. Just like the fact that they did not stick to the SNES games too.

There's not guarantee they stick to that. Just like the fact that they did not stick to the SNES games too.
just like the fact that because they dont give these games at the start it doesnt mean that they will never give snes games

Reactions: Duffy
just like the fact that because they dont give these games at the start it doesnt mean that they will never give snes games
I mean they might but I doubt it. Game companies have a long history of saying one thing and doing another... (Remember the ds won't replace the GBA? Remember the Switch won't replace the Wii U? Remember the Switch won't replace the 3ds? Wait that one hasn't fully happened yet!)

I mean they might but I doubt it. Game companies have a long history of saying one thing and doing another... (Remember the ds won't replace the GBA? Remember the Switch won't replace the Wii U? Remember the Switch won't replace the 3ds? Wait that one hasn't fully happened yet!)
They never really said the switch wouldn’t replace the wii u. The wii u ended ot the launch of BOTW. Alongside the switch launch.
Considering the original ds had a gba game player inside, I doubt they said that.

The leak showed snes controllers in the controller select screen. This is just a hunch, but i think the secret about the other 10 games that haven’t been revealed is that at least some of them are snes game. That would definitely spice up the reveal.

They never really said the switch wouldn’t replace the wii u.
They did...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...not-the-successor-to-the-wii-u-nor-to-the-3ds

Considering the original ds had a gba game player inside, I doubt they said that.
More or less...
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/9250/nintendo-reveals-third-pillar

Nintendo's third Pillar (Gamecube, GBA were already around, DS was announced as the third pillar), but the DS just replaced it. Later the GBA Micro was released (yes, after the DS), as a variation of the GBA (As to show they were not ignoring the GBA), but it was basically dead in the water anyway. The GBA Micro went on to sell pretty well, as Nintendo hoped, but it was still over. Either way, the "Third Pillar" plan wasn't long lived if at all.

They did...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...not-the-successor-to-the-wii-u-nor-to-the-3ds

More or less...
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/9250/nintendo-reveals-third-pillar

Nintendo's third Pillar (Gamecube, GBA were already around, DS was announced as the third pillar), but the DS just replaced it. Later the GBA Micro was released (yes, after the DS), as a variation of the GBA (As to show they were not ignoring the GBA), but it was basically dead in the water anyway. The GBA Micro went on to sell pretty well, as Nintendo hoped, but it was still over. Either way, the "Third Pillar" plan wasn't long lived if at all.
The ign link only has one point that could possibly be them saying they wouldn’t replace it, but the wording’s off.
“but I don't feel it's a pure replacement for the Wii U."
The way he says it implies that he doesn’t believe that its the same experience. However, he believes the NX to be a much greater success, so just because its not a better version of the same thing, doesn’t mean they aren’t going to ditch the old one.
You do have a good point with the GBA though. With that they seemed to plan to continue support, but never did.

Reactions: Duffy
The ign link only has one point that could possibly be them saying they wouldn’t replace it, but the wording’s off.
“but I don't feel it's a pure replacement for the Wii U."
The way he says it implies that he doesn’t believe that its the same experience. However, he believes the NX to be a much greater success, so just because its not a better version of the same thing, doesn’t mean they aren’t going to ditch the old one.
You do have a good point with the GBA though. With that they seemed to plan to continue support, but never did.
In terms of the Wii U example I was just looking to say that Nintendo themselves never said the Wii U was dying/dead. They never said the NX was going to replace it. But it didn’tturn out that way.

They always do this with consoles at the end of their life so the sales don’t fall off a cliff, rather they slowly descend (it’s working great with the 3ds, it’s still selling millions a year). The point is sometimes you have to read in between the lines because game companies do not mean exactly what they say.

In terms of the Wii U example I was just looking to say that Nintendo themselves never said the Wii U was dying/dead. They never said the NX was going to replace it. But it didn’tturn out that way.

They always do this with consoles at the end of their life so the sales don’t fall off a cliff, rather they slowly descend (it’s working great with the 3ds, it’s still selling millions a year). The point is sometimes you have to read in between the lines because game companies do not mean exactly what they say.
True, true. But i do think in the last direct before the switch launch they made it very clear that BOTW was the last game they would be making for the wii u. It only makes sense that they would wait until the system was actually done, or nobody would ever buy a wii u in the year after the NX announcement. The fact is, they never said they wouldn’t, and the avoided saying they would till it was about to happen.

Honestly, yes, I would LOVE to see Virtual Console come to the Switch. But, Nintendo has proven multiple times that they just aren't interested in doing it. I think that if they ever decide to do it, it'll be done after all of the other things they need to take care of first, because clearly it's not high on their to-do list.

i feel like ot should be on switch as it would enable people with low space or short on cash to get games.
it would provide more games to play that people might not know about.
hopefully but not likely to happen , as what they are doing now is the current plan , maybe something like vitural console will appear in the future.
perhaps older games will become availble to play later into switch existance.

Back