Splatoon 2 Do you think there should be a first person mode?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So I like splat 2 you like splat 2 and it’s fun, but what if they added an FPS mode to make it like cod or any other first person shooters, do you think that would? It could work but there would be some problems like, what happens if youre squid, or if you’re holding a big weapon like the dynamo roller?

Just my thoughts, but I’d love to know yours too :D

So I like splat 2 you like splat 2 and it’s fun, but what if they added an FPS mode to make it like cod or any other first person shooters, do you think that would? It could work but there would be some problems like, what happens if youre squid, or if you’re holding a big weapon like the dynamo roller?

Just my thoughts, but I’d love to know yours too :D
The third person view fixes all the problems you mentioned, and doesn’t add any problems like in fortnite because your character is lined up with your aim reticle.

Honestly, it would be pretty weird. I'm not really a fan of FPS because I like to actually see the character I'm playing as. I know that's probably not good reasoning but I would be all over the place if I even tried playing this mode. It guess it suits some people, But I'm not one of them. xD

Imagine sloshing with a slosher or using a roller. I don't think both situations would end well. It probably would complement a sniper, Though (As there's a scoped version, Anyways).

Last edited:
Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
Yeah, I like Splatoon 2 the way it is. Tbh, I couldn’t imagine it as a first person game. The way I see it, certain games work with it, and others don’t. Splatoon and Splatoon 2 are games that don’t require first person view, and work extremely well with third person view.

Reactions: AricAttack
A first person mode could work. But it would have to be a separate mode. It can't be a toggle on or off thing because it would make the game a bit unbalanced. Third person view gives you less aim but more awareness of your surroundings. But first person view does the opposite, giving you more aim but less awareness of your surroundings. So it would be unfair to players using specific weapons. But that would really be cool though. Definitely seems like a mode I would want to play. And plus, what would we see under the ink? :eyes:

I don't think there should be a first person mode because I feel in splatoon you should be able to see your surrounding because of how fast pace the game is and how the game is played. It would be hard to see first person if your character turns into a squid. in my opinion I don't think it would work in normal gameplay. In a story mode of some sort they could experiment i guess. I just don't think it would fit very well.

Back