Ultimate Do you think Waluigi deserves to be a playable character in Smash Ultimate?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A lot of people have been making fun of Waluigi for not being included in the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game. We have Mario, we have Luigi and we even have Wario xD

I'm not sure if Waluigi has ever been included in a previous Smash game but I doubt they would have forgotten about him if he was. I think it's more related to the amount of Mario characters in it so he feels left out.

Dfi1J5HUcAEQbwc.jpg

There are even more images :

Daisy teasing Waluigi for being included:

DfiNSQMXcAAGi_e.jpg

Waluigi being arrested for Mario Tennis Aces crimes:

DfgXlyoUwAAFrK6.jpg

Heck, even Netflix joined in on the fun :

Dfl6KDKV4AIZPLf.jpg

This was tweeted by the official Netflix USA Twitter account :lapras:

So yeah, do you think Waluigi deserves to be included in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or do you feel he'll be revealed as a playable character and shock the world like how that Splat2 news failed to achieve? :eyes2:

Technically, Waluigi did start to appear in Brawl albeit as Assist Trophies, and he reprises this role in 3DS/Wii U version. Given that he's still confirmed as Assist Trophies in Smash Bros. Ultimate, I don't quite mind of that, but I think Nintendo should think a way to make Waluigi promoted as a full-fledged fighter if they wanted to.

Reactions: MidnitJess
Probably not unless he's an Echo Fighter. I mean some Smash characters may seem forgettable like Corrin and Greninja (I was gonna say Lucas but I'm a Mother fan) but they have games that are current that people can still buy. Waluigi could be Bayonetta's Echo Fighter like you see in some Smash Wii U hacks but that's all I expect of him.

Probably not unless he's an Echo Fighter. I mean some Smash characters may seem forgettable like Corrin and Greninja (I was gonna say Lucas but I'm a Mother fan) but they have games that are current that people can still buy. Waluigi could be Bayonetta's Echo Fighter like you see in some Smash Wii U hacks but that's all I expect of him.
Bayo mirror? Are you sure about that?
Most of these are misleading implications that they meant everyone in nintendo ever is here, and not everyone in smash ever. Waluigi is the star of mario tennis aces, and thats how it should be. Similarly to bomberman who was just made a assist trophy because he only has one move, bombs, Waluigi really only has tennis, so he has that in his assist trophy.

Waluligi was more deserving then Daisy imo, but Daisy fits Peach moveset fine. Waluigi has no one good to echo for, and I think he's just fine as an assist. I truly believe he could've been made into a unique character, but he's fitting as an assist.

Daisy was actually in a non spinoff game, mario land, so she still has slightly more of a chance. Waluigi is the ultimate spinoff king

I personally think he deserves a spot but sakurai has been getting toxic spam about it, which removes any previous chance.

I personally think he deserves a spot but sakurai has been getting toxic spam about it, which removes any previous chance.
I mean, he probably gets spam for a lot of characters, (like Ridley) but they still get in. It's not personal bias due to being constantly bothered by it.

I mean, he probably gets spam for a lot of characters, (like Ridley) but they still get in. It's not personal bias due to being constantly bothered by it.
Have you seen twitter?

Have you seen twitter?
Oh no, I have. I mean, Twitter can be.toxic in general, but tbh, I'm not sure how much of it Sakurai has even seen, but even so, I doubt he'd exclude a character from getting in just because fans are requesting him basically. As a game developer, especially for a series as big as Smash, you're sure to get stuff like this all the time.

i dont think so, , and i have the same opinion of daisy, also there is already too much mario characters
mario, peach,bowser, his son, yoshi,donkey kong, daisy,diddy,wario, luigi,estela
eleven , thats too much, and i think there are a lot more interesting characters for smash than waluigi

Screw waluigi. I'm glad he did not make it in. As for being deserving, he definitely was, but assist trophy (KO-able) is fine for him. At least hes in the game :p

Waluigi actually needs to be in a non spin off game that show cases him actually having a move set that doesn't rely on tennis. Waluigi doesn't work for an echo fighter since he fits none of the fighters so far , but at this moment in time he's also not interesting enough on his own to be an actual fighter. As a non Waluigi fan I'm totally fine with him not being a fighter or in a mainline game that focuses on giving him actual moves. lol

Actually, I feel kind of bad for the die hard Waluigi fans out there. I mean, it’s almost like Nintendo was teasing them, stating that he was an assist trophy once more, and the fact that he can be KO’d like a normal fighter is probably just too much for the fans to take. I think since Daisy has been added, it’s only fair that Waluigi should have a spot too.

A lot of people have been making fun of Waluigi for not being included in the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game. We have Mario, we have Luigi and we even have Wario xD

I'm not sure if Waluigi has ever been included in a previous Smash game but I doubt they would have forgotten about him if he was. I think it's more related to the amount of Mario characters in it so he feels left out.

Dfi1J5HUcAEQbwc.jpg

There are even more images :

Daisy teasing Waluigi for being included:

DfiNSQMXcAAGi_e.jpg

Waluigi being arrested for Mario Tennis Aces crimes:

DfgXlyoUwAAFrK6.jpg

Heck, even Netflix joined in on the fun :

Dfl6KDKV4AIZPLf.jpg

This was tweeted by the official Netflix USA Twitter account :lapras:

So yeah, do you think Waluigi deserves to be included in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or do you feel he'll be revealed as a playable character and shock the world like how that Splat2 news failed to achieve? :eyes2:

I don't think he should be a fighter, at least, not now

He literally has nothing to be based of, Sports games and Party games and that's it. If he appeared at least once in a non spinoff game could change that, but not now

Honestly, before Nintendo's E3 conference of 2018, I would be totally fine if Waluigi were to be added as a fighter in this game. Nowadays, after all of the darn memes and whining for Waluigi, of all possible characters yet to appear as playable in Smash not being part of the roster, to be a fighter in Ultimate (even though he was already confirmed for ages to be an Assist Trophy in the game), not to mention the reports of multiple harassment towards Sakurai for not including this one character in this already large and amazing roster... I'd go as far as to say that my jokey appreciation for Waluigi has fizzled into thin air over a short amount of time. :/

also, in the direct k.roll was confirmed
thats one mario character (well, more like a series protagonized by a mario character that is not mario, donkey kong, but it counts anyway)

i wonder if people who wants waluigi ,doesnt want him only for the memes and "lulz" because i dont see any reason put him in the game

is that even a question?

I don't think Waluigi really deserves to be in Smash. He is an assist trophy and should be grateful he got in at all.

Waluigi doesn't really have many moves, except for tennis. He can't reallt inplement that into smash. He couldn't be an echo fighter for a simple reason... Who would he echl? The only one who has his shape and size is Bayonetta but having waluigi as bayo's echo would be weird.

Sorry Waluigi

Back