Do you think we should have been able to pick up weapons?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
In the Splatoon 2 online multiplayer gameplay, do you think we should have been able to pick up a weapon from a player who has been splatted? So let's say I originally chose a splat roller and one of my teammates splatted an enemy with the splattershot jr. Do you think we should have been able to press A next to the weapon on the floor to pick it up to use until an enemy splats us?

Nah, it messes up the strategy of the game. Its hard enough allready to see what weapon is which player, and it would be even harder to keep track of if it changes often. Its sometimes useful to know what weapons are still alive so you can move and counter accordingly. I would rather they allow matching with your team and giving you the ability to choose your weapon accordingly with your teams weapon choice, as picking up other weapons would only cause confusion.

Reactions: Mikaya
I think that’d make the game pretty confusing, tbh. It’s already a pretty hectic game (as if we all didn’t know that), so I don’t see the need of being able to do that. Plus, how would they get their weapon back when they respawned if you took it? I think it would really make it much more complicated than it need to be, lol.

I think that’d make the game pretty confusing, tbh. It’s already a pretty hectic game (as if we all didn’t know that), so I don’t see the need of being able to do that. Plus, how would they get their weapon back when they respawned if you took it? I think it would really make it much more complicated than it need to be, lol.
It would probably be like call of duty, where if an enemy dies and you can pick up their weapon but drop yours, but when they revive they still keep theirs

It would probably be like call of duty, where if an enemy dies and you can pick up their weapon but drop yours, but when they revive they still keep theirs
It would still be confusing because you could get used to a team with a charger, slosher, 52 gal, and blaster, and then the charger grabs a roller and messes up any strategy you had made to get up close because suddenly he can easily kill up close. Some people keep track of which weapons are still alive, so they can fight accordingly, but if the weapon can be switched it would make it much harder to keep track.
It would also make some people salty, just imagine a charger randomly changing to a roller and destroying someone sneaking up on him.

Reactions: Mikaya and AricAttack
This would be so crazy. You can never adapt the opponents playstyle because their weapons would keep changing. But this would definitely be an interesting feature.I would want this to be a separate game mode. It would change the game completely if this was added in all modes. So best to just keep it on its own.

Back