Do you think we will get a nickname feature for demons in SMT?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We already have a nicknaming feature in Pokemon and I think Fire Emblem Fates introduced a feature that lets you change the name of your weapons (not sure if it was present in previous games).

That made me wonder if Atlus will ever let us nickname our demons in the game D:

Do you think they will one day in a future SMT game? :3

Fire Emblem Fates introduced a feature that lets you change the name of your weapon
You can change it in earlier games but I dint know which ones.

If it is the mainline games than I highly doubt it. As the naming system probably won't have restrictions (other than some highly nsfw inappropriate language that can be offensive to others) meaning that you can name, for example, Ancient of Days as "Princess" etc. It doesn't need it IMO

The Demikids games have nicknaming features if that counts :p

I think they've held back on it to avoid their series getting Pokemon comparisons.

I wouldn't personally wouldn't compare SMT with Pokemon (Conquest). You can already name a character and give him a nickname in SMT and I think that's enough.

It would be pretty interesting to see this, especially given the demon interactions already. Imagine if one of your minions became upset because of a name you gave them -- or, the other way around! I think this could open up more opportunities for interacting with your demons

or at the very least, you can name a Jack Frost something cute

Eh, while it would be cool and all, I don't think it would be good for the series overall.

It's bad enough that it gets comparisons with Pokemon, especially since Megaten predates it by a good while. Besides, demons are most definitely not pets, well, mostly. The only ones who could ever be considered such would be the lower neutral races like beasts and fairies.

Now, something that would be cool is allowing the player to rename demons to fixed, alternate names they have from myths, and maybe even alter stats a bit depending on the specific alter ego

Reactions: Shin
I donno, probably not any time soon but that is an awesome idea that I hope they do at some point. I can only imagine what people would be naming their demons if they had that option tho. *Thinks back on some of the demons* Ya.. then gain that might be an issues given some of the demons designs lol. You'll always have a few people that would pick shall I say umm ..colorful names for a few of them.

Back