Do you think we will see DLC costumes in Mario platformer games?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I mean, who doesn't want to be seen as Mario with an inkling hat or Luigi with a sword and shield while jumping through obstacles and collecting coins in the mushroom kingdom?

Are you guys picturing Nintendo actually going through with it?

They've done it with Minecraft, Rocket League and Mario Kart already (Nintendo consoles, obviously). They certainly could do it with the Mario platformer games if they really wanted to go through with it.

How do you feel about this and do you think Nintendo will one day make it a reality as DLC?

Reactions: Mizunil
I could see that, I haven't thought about that.
They could even have reskins for powerups and powerup suits.
(Like different coloured Toads, or how Bowser had a cat form in SMW3D)

It would also be cool if they made more character options.
Not fully new characters, but like Bowser.Jr skins in smash. Each reskin
was a completely different character, but technically, the same thing.

It doesn't seem like something they would do for a Mario platformer.
But hey, you never know. Nintendos done some pretty enexpected stuff this year.

I would definitely support cosmetic DLC for a Mario game. I feel like Nintendo is really starting to up their game on free DLC with Splatoon 2 and Arms lately. I hope to see more features like this in the future.

I mean, who doesn't want to be seen as Mario with an inkling hat or Luigi with a sword and shield while jumping through obstacles and collecting coins in the mushroom kingdom?

Are you guys picturing Nintendo actually going through with it?

They've done it with Minecraft, Rocket League and Mario Kart already (Nintendo consoles, obviously). They certainly could do it with the Mario platformer games if they really wanted to go through with it.

How do you feel about this and do you think Nintendo will one day make it a reality as DLC?

I actually like the idea hehe :p now that you bring it up, i think this would be a nice new feature if they actually did it. Kinda reminds me of the amiibo costumes in wii u mario maker which were also cool but didn't give the player an unfair advantage (which is good by the way). I don't see anything wrong with this for future mario games, though i am aware the amiibo costumes only existed in old Mario bros styles. Would be interesting to see what happens later with this

They will most definitely do it for Odyssey, just watch :p

Odyssey's outfits are perfect for a DLC system.

After the direct yesterday I'm pretty confident they will do it! I'm super excited for the customize-able clothing!

Maybe they will, but then again, Nintendo might decide to leave it as many people associate mario games with mario and mario only.

This could easily fall flat if not implemented properly. However, if Nintendo did do it in a good manner, it would be a great step for Mario if done right!

Maybe they could add costumes for enemies like Goombas and Lakitus too (Kinda like what happens when you become big mario in mario maker)

I think they did something like that with the Amiibo in Mario Maker.

However, for costumes, I think it would be cool for Mario to have the costumes of different NT characters in rendered in 3D.

Reactions: Duffy
If they did this it would need to be a big pile of interesting outfits (hard to do considering how many they have allready put out for free.) and some fun camera filters with it too. I can understand not wanting to add a new kingdom though. But if its only stuff like that it would need to be below 10$

Back