Do you think we will see live action Pokemon movies after Detective Pikachu?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I mean, look at the new Detective Pikachu trailer:

I think it's likely they'll start making live action Pokemon movies. It may not be tomorrow or next week, but I feel they're going to do it :eyes: Who feels the same and what do you think?

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
I mean, look at the new Detective Pikachu trailer:

I think it's likely they'll start making live action Pokemon movies. It may not be tomorrow or next week, but I feel they're going to do it :eyes: Who feels the same and what do you think?
Flip, you beat me to making this thread first ._.

It all depends on whether this movie flops or not, tbh. If it’s a smashing success, then if they’re smart, of course they would make more. But if it totally sucks, then it might just be wasted money.

Reactions: Duffy
It's Warner Bros. OF COURSE there's gonna be a sequel even if it's bad. How do I know this? Lego Movie 2. Made by Warner Bros (animation but same name) and the biggest set from that movie is only available at Lego stores meaning you can't get it online meaning they knew it was gonna flop even though the set looks really nice. Yeah it's to sell toys but this movie sells games whether it's good or not.

Reactions: Samster
It's Warner Bros. OF COURSE there's gonna be a sequel even if it's bad. How do I know this? Lego Movie 2. Made by Warner Bros (animation but same name) and the biggest set from that movie is only available at Lego stores meaning you can't get it online meaning they knew it was gonna flop even though the set looks really nice. Yeah it's to sell toys but this movie sells games whether it's good or not.

I thought the lego movie made a bunch of money? Maybe not so well selling legos, but lots of kids, and adults, went to see it.

It looks like the lego movie’s budget was 60,000,000 and it made over 460,000,000, so about $400,000,000 profit. That’s pretty good, good enough for them to want to make a sequel and make more of that cash. Source: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=lego.htm

I thought the lego movie made a bunch of money? Maybe not so well selling legos, but lots of kids, and adults, went to see it.

It looks like the lego movie’s budget was 60,000,000 and it made over 460,000,000, so about $400,000,000 profit. That’s pretty good, good enough for them to want to make a sequel and make more of that cash. Source: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=lego.htm
Lego Movie 2. They had confirmed a spinoff already when the movie just released, sure LM1 was good but LM2 wasn't as good.

Reactions: Duffy
Back