Do you think we will see Sans in a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
They added Sans to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate..

How many of you feel like they'll add him in a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update in the future? Or how many of you actually want to see him playable in the game?

Reactions: Samster
Nah. We got Mario Kart hacks already with Sans and having him in an official game just feels wrong. If he was a first party character maybe but for now he's just a meme. Besides MK8 will probably never get an update anyways since it's just a remake of MK8 for Wii U. Now if we're talking about him being in a new Undertale racing game I'd be all for it.

No.

I find it funny that you think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is getting an update @Marc .

Reactions: Marc and Danominator
I find it funny that you think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is getting an update @Marc .
Dead game in terms of updates? ;-;

Dead game in terms of updates? ;-;
It would be pretty crazy to see an update in Deluxe. I would have said Tour.

I doubt it lol. It'd be pretty cool if he got added though. Like, a normal racer? or with extra stuff, like a text box if he wins the race, going "Heh heh. I won, nerds" or something?

I think if nintendo truly cared about adding more content to MK8 Deluxe they would have added more content to the game prior to release. Like let's be real, MK8D is just a port. They added like 5 characters a few no items and a better battle system. To me that's not enough to truly differentiate Mario Kart 8D from it's original. I mean there were no new tracks at all! That made it clear to me that they just made MK8D because they knew that MK8, being a great game, would sell a lot more copies if it was on a better system. Had they actually cared about adding new content to the game they would have put some new tracks in. So for them to suddenly add new content 2 years after the game came out? I highly doubt it. At this point I think they're working on Mario Kart 9 instead.

Nope, Smash Bros is different when it comes to who will be "playable". Mario kart sticks with Mario franchise characters with minor exceptions (being other Nintendo franchises). Sans is not a Mario character or in a Nintendo Franchise. Smash bros has lightened up on 3rd party characters and has allowed a few of them, as getting as many franchises in the game as possible is kinda a goal of theirs at this point. Mario Kart is not like Smash Bros when it comes to adding new characters.

Reactions: Samster
MK8 was never going to get many updates at all considering it was a port. Like said before, if anything it'll be added to tour. Or MK9 if they really follow through with the meme, but I don't see that happening honestly.

Sans was added to smash due to the whole Ness x Sans stupid thing. There's nothing about earthbound in mario kart so..

i dont think thats why but ok

@Sky lol that's not the right reason at all, at least from what I understand. There seem to be 2 reasons as for sans inclusion.

1) The fans. In case Banjo, Ridley and K rool didn't demonstrate this enough Nintendo has been putting in characters that the fans want. The fans wanted sans. Sakurai said it himself in the video thing where he was announced.

2) Sakurai's meeting with Toby Fox. While not all the details are known about this meeting they both seemed to really enjoy meeting each other. While you may not think this is huge I think it helped nudge sans in. I think after meeting him Sakurai saw how a nice Toby (presumably) is and better considered the addition of something relating to undertale in ultimate.

The memes really have nothing to do with it. I mean if he was added purely because of the meme he probably would have been smash 4 DLC tbh.

i doubt so, if nintendo were to include more "guest" characters, then other nintendo characters would be more likely possible

I don't think so, but it could've been awesome.

They added Sans to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate..

How many of you feel like they'll add him in a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update in the future? Or how many of you actually want to see him playable in the game?
Can't wait to hear Megalovania in the all new ketchup grand prix

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
NGL, that's a weird idea and one that will definitely never happen (unless Kirby gets added, then maybe)

NGL, that's a weird idea and one that will definitely never happen (unless Kirby gets added, then maybe)
Kirby is Sans confirmed?!?!?!

No. Sans is Ness. Have you heard? :pepe:
Actually Sans is just a character from another universe that doesn't have to do with anything Earthbound what so ever. The only theory that would make sense is if somehow that transportation thing that kills all organic life (I haven't researched this) could have possibly interacted with Ness, causing him to turn into Sans. With his organic side out of the way, his PSI powers are much stronger, and he decides to go into an alternate universe and stumbles upon Papyrus, gets a new persona, then decides to stay in that world.

~Yea I just remembered that their consciousness gets put into a robot, but let's just say that Ness goes in anyway~

No. Sans is Ness. Have you heard? :pepe:
Yeah, but have you seen Kirby and Sans in the same place?!?!

Back