Do you think you shouldn’t be able to derank in Salmon Run?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Okay, I really want to hear your guy’s opinion on this one. So, recently, after being deranked from Profreshinal to Part Timer, I finally made it back to Profreshinal this evening. It took me two and a half hours to do so, but I did it. As I finally got my normal Rank back, I started to think. What would Salmon Run be like if you couldn’t derank? To be honest, that would mean that everyone would reach the final rank one way or another if they couldn’t derank at all. On the other hand, sometimes you derank for no reason at all, like a communication error, or all three of your teammates ditching you and leaving you to deal with ten different Boss Salmanoids. So, what do you guys think? Should you be able to derank in Salmon Run, or not? :eyes2:

Okay, I really want to hear your guy’s opinion on this one. So, recently, after being deranked from Profreshinal to Part Timer, I finally made it back to Profreshinal this evening. It took me two and a half hours to do so, but I did it. As I finally got my normal Rank back, I started to think. What would Salmon Run be like if you couldn’t derank? To be honest, that would mean that everyone would reach the final rank one way or another if they couldn’t derank at all. On the other hand, sometimes you derank for no reason at all, like a communication error, or all three of your teammates ditching you and leaving you to deal with ten different Boss Salmanoids. So, what do you guys think? Should you be able to derank in Salmon Run, or not? :eyes2:

If you couldn’t derank, you would get to a really high rank, then later if you get worse at the game you would be bringing your team down and dying alot and the game would never get easier.

Deranking makes the matchmaking better a bit. If everyone ranks up, then there's always gonna be some newbie on your team which could drag down the team. And even though you derank from something as trivial as a communication error, you can usually get back to that rank if you have the needed skills. The deranking mechanic makes it so that you get matched up with people of similar skill level.

I feel a derank is fair if nobody disconnected during a salmon run battle. Like i feel the rank system of salmon run should be akin if not similar to normal rank battles in splatoon 2. They should have a similar rank system engine to avoid the deranking of salmon run to not being fair and being annoying to play. If someone disconnects during a salmon run battle you shouldn't lose anything because it's not your fault that you lost.

Back