Do you use Aero?

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Well, honestly, I hate Aero.
Your computer can be a lot faster without it, but I don't know...

(Win Vista :vomit: and Win 7 experience)

I have never even heard of it. I don't use it. What is it?

I'm also hearing this name for the first time. Whatever it is I haven't seen or used it ever in my life? Are you sure it's something PC related?

Well, yes, it's PC related.

From wikipedia:
Windows Aero (a backronym for Authentic, Energetic, Reflective, and Open) is a set of interface and design guidelines that were introduced by the Windows Vista operating system. The changes made in the Aero interface affected many elements of the Windows interface and how it functions, including the incorporation of a new visual look, along with changes in interface guidelines reflecting appearance, layout, and the phrasing and tone of instructions and other text in applications.

250px-Aero_Example.png
220px-Windows7_flip.png
220px-Aero_Peek.png

Oh, too bad, I'm still using Windows XP. So, know I have never used Aero for Windows. xD Windows XP ftw!

Oh, too bad, I'm still using Windows XP. So, know I have never used Aero for Windows. xD Windows XP ftw!

Well, Win7 is an excellent os. Never upgrade to Vista or 8.

Well, Win7 is an excellent os. Never upgrade to Vista or 8.
Vista won't be counted as an upgrade from Win 7. :p I think Win XP is the best OS and I'm sticking to it. Like I have a choice. xD

I think Win XP is the best OS and I'm sticking to it. Like I have a choice. xD
Windows 7 comes with a WinXP theme and more. It's an actual upgrade.

Also, Linux is an option. Enjoy having no security on your OS after "Extended Support" ends soon.

Also, Linux is an option. Enjoy having no security on your OS after "Extended Support" ends soon.
I also have Ubuntu on my machine with Dual-Boot. :p

Ow.. yeah... I forgot that WinXP will be discontinued...
Well, I will have the same future if Win 9 sucks...

Ow.. yeah... I forgot that WinXP will be discontinued...
Well, I will have the same future if Win 9 sucks...
I'd be willing to predict another Metro-style UI in Windows 9.

For my though i think Aero take up to much data packet on you're internet connectioen and it make it slow @Erixsan i don't think windows 7 and vista are bad operating system but i think windows 8 is hard to handle

For my though i think Aero take up to much data packet on you're internet connectioen and it make it slow @Erixsan i don't think windows 7 and vista are bad operating system but i think windows 8 is hard to handle

Win 7 is excellent, Vista really bugging and slow and Win 8 has an excellent optimization... for mobiles.

I don't use it because it can sometimes cause crashes or freezes. The performance increase isn't noticeable or anything but I just leave it off anyway.

Back