Does anybody else have this problem?

• Thread starter NATT44
  • Start date
NATT44

NATT44

Turtle King of The Internet
Towns Folk
I was just playing some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on my Switch. I have this problem fairly often, but it's very noticeable in Mario Kart for obvious reasons:
Randomly, the game will stop taking inputs from the controller. Sometimes it seems to happen for a reason; like just a minute ago I was racing 200cc and dog walked between the controller and the console, apparently blocking the signal. :confused:o_O:rotfl:
Do the joycons work on Bluetooth? I've never had this problem with similar controllers...
I'm not particularly far from the console, either.
Anyway, I'm tired of this costing me 3-star cups, so does anybody know a reliable fix?

I was just playing some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on my Switch. I have this problem fairly often, but it's very noticeable in Mario Kart for obvious reasons:
Randomly, the game will stop taking inputs from the controller. Sometimes it seems to happen for a reason; like just a minute ago I was racing 200cc and dog walked between the controller and the console, apparently blocking the signal. :confused:o_O:rotfl:
Do the joycons work on Bluetooth? I've never had this problem with similar controllers...
Anyway, I'm tired of this costing me 3-star cups, so does anybody know a reliable fix?
Nope. Sorry I cannot help you because I don't have a Switch. I can probably answer your questions when I get one :hilarious:

The joycons are on bluetooth yeah, hence why they wont work if you set your switch to airplaine mode. (This does mean though you can connect your joycons to phones or your PC as well lol).

I'd say to clean off the sensor on each of your joycons, also try testing out moving closer and further away from the console while doing a test on the joycons (doing circles with the sticks while moving around).

If you really think there's issues with it though, I'd send them in for repair or something. Unless it only happens in MK8D, then it might be an issue with the game.

EDIT: Wait, did you update the controllers using the controller update that came with the 6.0 update? It would have came up saying there was an update for controllers after doing the 6.0 update.

EDIT: Wait, did you update the controllers using the controller update that came with the 6.0 update? It would have came up saying there was an update for controllers after doing the 6.0 update.
No, I haven't updated yet, but I'll be sure to do the controllers too when I get to it.. It's pretty much always done this, but do you think updating would help?

No, I haven't updated yet, but I'll be sure to do the controllers too when I get to it.. It's pretty much always done this, but do you think updating would help?

The update is for fixing connection issues + other things. Have you ever updated your firmware for your joycons? It doesn't happen automatically btw.

Also, with any other bluetooth connections, make sure your switch isn't under or inside any metal, behind the TV, against cables/wires, not close to any other wireless device (speakers, WAP's, ect). And also any interference, so microwaves, wireless devices, cordless phones, call phones, laptops, tablets, ect, can interfere with the connection.

I think mario kart 8 itself has issues, as when playing with any controller that wasn’t the wii u gamepad in the wii u version then sometimes the controller would randomly veer to the left and not accept other input.

I think mario kart 8 itself has issues, as when playing with any controller that wasn’t the wii u gamepad in the wii u version then sometimes the controller would randomly veer to the left and not accept other input.
That's pretty much exactly what happens (I'm playing on the Switch though, with out-of-the-box Joycons). I took it to be a signaling issue; it doesn't seem to me that a software problem could cause that. Thanks, Nintendo!:banghead:

That's pretty much exactly what happens (I'm playing on the Switch though, with out-of-the-box Joycons). I took it to be a signaling issue; it doesn't seem to me that a software problem could cause that. Thanks, Nintendo!:banghead:
The thing is, it only happens on the wii u in that specific game for me. The switch can have Bluetooth interference, but I wouldn’t be suprised if deluxe has the same problem.

Nope, I’ve never had this problem. Probably cause my Joy Cons broke a week after buying them. xD My Pro Controller doesn’t seem to have this problem at all, and when I did own Joy Cons, they worked fine. Maybe your controllers are defective?

Back