Does anyone here have PSvita?

• Thread starter Kawaki
  • Start date
Kawaki

Kawaki

Kuro Ookami
Towns Folk
Does anyone have the psvita?

I was thinking of getting a PS Vita at one point but then I changed my mind and got a PS4 since all my friends have it.

No, but having one around would be interesting. (That way I could play the new god eater game more easily than I would getting a fancy new PC.)

I have it, and...I don't even know what to say about it. I find it ridiculous how game console producers make it so only specific chargers and USBs work on them. It is annoying!

I have it, and...I don't even know what to say about it. I find it ridiculous how game console producers make it so only specific chargers and USBs work on them. It is annoying!
My bf gonna have it.

I've actually put in a lot more time using my Vita than my 3DS lol

I really like the Vita, and the potential of the device is locked behind a language barrier for us who speak anything derived from Latin. Honestly, if you learn Japanese, you open yourself up to literally hundreds of great titles that never get localized. The Vita is extremely popular in Japan and does just as well as the 3DS.

I absolutely hate some things about it though, like the proprietary memory cards, bleh. Never buying one never will, so expensive !

But really, in the Western world I'm sure the average person would prefer the 3DS over the Vita, easily.

Reactions: Marc
I've actually put in a lot more time using my Vita than my 3DS lol

I really like the Vita, and the potential of the device is locked behind a language barrier for us who speak anything derived from Latin. Honestly, if you learn Japanese, you open yourself up to literally hundreds of great titles that never get localized. The Vita is extremely popular in Japan and does just as well as the 3DS.

I absolutely hate some things about it though, like the proprietary memory cards, bleh. Never buying one never will, so expensive !

But really, in the Western world I'm sure the average person would prefer the 3DS over the Vita, easily.
I am learning japanese. It really does give greater freedom. I, too, hate the fact that it has a specific memory card! We are one in the same. Another thing that is annoying is that when the battery gets low, you can't continue to play it even if it is plugged in. It uses more power that it can charge

Never even considered getting one :panda:

Never even considered getting one :panda:
There are advantages to getting one, but it is too expensive!

I've considered saving for one... But, honestly, I'd be doing it for 5 games at most. The overall library is too miserable to look at. Not to mention that most of (outside of the few games I'd get for it) are available in better versions on other platforms.

Reactions: Kawaki
The library is pretty big and new games come out each month. I bought my vita about a year ago even though people told me not to, and I don't regret doing it. If you are an RPG fan, youll find a lot of things to play on the go with it. I think it's not as pricey as it used to be, you might be able to pick up one cheap, used.

The only thing that I hate about it is that most games don't get a physical release here, only digital. So I have to import the games since the memory card is proprietary and gets filled quite fast.

The library is pretty big and new games come out each month. I bought my vita about a year ago even though people told me not to, and I don't regret doing it. If you are an RPG fan, youll find a lot of things to play on the go with it. I think it's not as pricey as it used to be, you might be able to pick up one cheap, used.

The only thing that I hate about it is that most games don't get a physical release here, only digital. So I have to import the games since the memory card is proprietary and gets filled quite fast.
I agree with you.

I am learning japanese. It really does give greater freedom. I, too, hate the fact that it has a specific memory card! We are one in the same. Another thing that is annoying is that when the battery gets low, you can't continue to play it even if it is plugged in. It uses more power that it can charge
That never happened to me, I'd suggest to turn off Bluetooth and check your brightness maybe?

Reactions: Kawaki
I find it ridiculous how game console producers make it so only specific chargers and USBs work on them. It is annoying!
Right?! I had to get a specific adapter for the charger; It's a good thing we had a spare of that.

I don't have a Vita but my friend and I share one (just like how we shared my PSP). It has very few games that I plan on playing, unlike with the 3DS where I own 10+ games (some of them I regret buying anyway lol), so nope I'm not planning on getting my own.

Reactions: Blue Knight and Kawaki
I own a Slim. Definitely the most annoyingly difficult hurdle to make is the memory card, which are expensive and according to rumours have a nasty habit of breaking down the higher the size. I bought a 64GB one because I figure:
  1. I'm not the type to just take certain games off of a system in place of some other games; even if I don't play it for some time it is still useful to keep it close in my opinion. Probably has something to do with my tendency to keep the physical carts/discs of games I own, which I'm sure some gamers can relate to.
  2. I don't want any regrets with the card I purchase in the future short of breaking down. For example, a small sized card like 4 - 8GB can hold a few digital Vita titles and a handful of PS1 Classic titles, so that space will run out soon. Keeping in mind the above point, I wouldn't like to have to go purchasing a new card the next size up so I went with the highest size.
If I run out of space then or it breaks down, hopefully the matter of PS Vita memory card adapters made by the hacking scene is already in effect by then.

Anyway, I mainly own a PS Vita because there are a few good titles likes PS1 Classics and a handful of Vita games I'm interested in *cough cough Metal Gear cough*, and the rest which aren't available on the store I can just emulate. Assuming you've made piece with the memory card price (or you're in the future where there's a cheap adapter, in which case :thumbsup: ) and you want the system for the reasons I made above, I'd definitely recommend getting one. Especially a Slim in spite of the "inferior" screen.

Back