• Thread starter Jeff The Killer
  • Start date

Do you miss it?

• Total voters
Jeff The Killer

Jeff The Killer

Go. To. Sleep!
Towns Folk
You guys remember Pictochat right? It was the feature on the DSi and DS Lite where you can talk to people with other DS consoles.

I was thinking does anyone miss this and do you think the 3DS should've kept it or is it better off as a thing of the past?

Personally I miss it, I loved drawing on it and making stories with my friends. I remember one day in Orchestra class my teacher was taking role and everyone pulled out their DS and we all joined the chat needless to say my teacher had a DS too and the class did nothing but play games that day.

So what do you guys think? And do you have any stories of the PictoChat?

Reactions: 3823
That sounds fun. :D

I kinda miss it. I would miss it more if my sisters had a 3DS, :p but they don't so it doesn't really matter to me.
I've had a lot of good memories with it. My sister and I would pretend to be spies and stuff when we were little and send drawings to each other. We were very little, but had big imaginations. I also remember my cousins coming over and we would pictochat. ^-^

It would be cool if they brought it back with a feature to chat with friends or something. c:

Reactions: Lexi.D and Jeff The Killer
Awe you guys sounded cute :cat:(hope that doesn't come across as creepy:bag:)!

But you're right it's no fun if your siblings can't take part, and having a new feature within PictoChat would be nice, I like the idea of a actual chat feature like in XY cool idea Rawrrie ^^

Reactions: 3823
I think that picto chat was a really fun feature to use and the features and all were really awesome as well ! I really liked using it with my friends because sometimes were just bored and have no games so we just picto chat , though the feature was pretty useless in terms because you still had to have a close range :hilarious:

To have this feature in games that use online would be awesome :D

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Oh yeah, I forgot about the close range that part was annoying. But you're right with the in game PictoChat that way you talk to others. Because I'm sure, though I can't speak for all of them, that most games doesn't have a chat feature with multiplayer/online.

Reactions: 2071
I missed that feature...I want it to be back in the 3DS again :D

Why? I love the feature where you can draw stuff and send it to people...you can chat there with your friends and family,do funny stuff and more! How I wish Nintendo didn't discontinue PictoChat.

I never used it because it seemed as if you had to be in the same room as your friends for it to work but if I was, I'd most likely just talk to them. I mean, I can't see why I would need to use PictoChat on DS in too many circumstances. Still, I loved all of the awesome features on the chat and with proper online capability with friends, it would have been just too cool! xD

But anyways, PictoChat 3DS with your friends list could have worked really well and I hope a chat system is implemented into all of the consoles soon. Heck, I still think that Nintendo should put PictoChat on 3DS now :p

I do. I didn't use it much since it was so limited. I thought for sure they would have given us an online Pictochat. I know we have Miiverse, but it's not really instant and not really used for having long term conversations. I feel it is a huge lost not having it on the system. It would been perfect with being able to add in snap shots from our games.

I really do miss it. I remember always sitting around a corner and talked to my friends like we were doing a secret mission. I also really liked to color the whole screen black, and make little animation things. :)

I do miss Pictochat on the DS, even if it didn't really serve much purpose, as you all had to be standing in the same room, and thus it couldn't function as a messaging system or anything. Still, it was pretty cool to send drawings between your friends and exchange messages in a place where it would really be more efficient to just communicate face-to-face...

Not really. I wouldn't have a use for it anymore, though I have vague memories of using it with friends when I was younger, like many of the other games I played. Those days are in the past and is time we can never get back. As such, it's better to move on and focus on the future. I doubt PictoChat would be of any use anymore, especially in a digital age.

That said, it was fun while it lasted, so I can't say I don't miss it entirely. But those memories are too far in the past to have much of a grasp on anymore. Like I said, I'll keep looking ahead, because things like PictoChat will never come back... still, I wish I could remember what I felt like back then. Maybe my memories would hold better if I could actually remember them.

Picto Chat was my binge back when my school had band/choir exclusive gaming events for money to fund them. I really just repeated something other people had said and because there was only 4 lobbies I'd hop onto all of them to troll them. Then at the event I turned my DS off and they had to search DS's but from then on they wanted people to use their real names on Picto Chat. While the DS had limitations for the most part it was the best texting ever at the time before smartphones were around. Miiverse was okay but they can probably do better if it not were for competing with anything having to do with the internet.

Back