1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Does anyone remember Starfy

Discussion in 'General Nintendo Discussions' started by Ethendor, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Do you Remember Starfy

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ethendor

Ethendor The PK-Fire spammer Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    144 coins
    Starfy is one of those characters that you don't hear much talk about he had 5 games with 4 be JP only with the last one being released in America. And from the one game I have played the series is really good it has a really good story with the gameplay being an almost kirby style gameplay with lots of underwater and emphasis on collecting and finding secrets. He also had an assist trophy in SSB Brawl and a Mario Maker Costume. I was wondering if anyone still remembers the yellow starfish and if they did I was wondering what their thoughts on his games.
  2. Starry Windy

Starry Windy Let's do our best! The Resident Victini

Play Coins:
    22 coins
    I think I still remember Starfy at some point. The first time I heard of him was when he become an Assist Trophy back in Brawl days thanks to some news site (and I think he still doing his job in Smash 4). At some years later, then I learned about the existence of the game series, even though only the last one, dubbed The Legendary Starfy, comes in outside of Japan, so I decided to try that first, and it turns out to be pretty enjoyable game, too. I wish they would make another games from Starfy series, though.
  3. Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64 New Gal on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    239 coins
    I saw this game in a store once, on the demo DS. It seemed strange to me, but my sister ended up getting it. So I borrowed it from her (and got a lot further than she did; she's not so good at these kinds of games. >w>).

The music is super adorable, and the pause screen was relaxing to me. Oh, also, that mermaid that says "hi!" and saves your game is pretty cute, too. :p The cast of characters in general is cute, though there are some darker moments throughout the game...
    Like one of the protagonists being eaten by a guy named "Mashtooth": a red pig humanoid. Like, how isn't that scary?? :cry:

Mini-games, swimming,
    being eated by a big scary fish...
    ... This game was fun for me; I liked progressing through the story. Though I didn't like the speedruns in the extra world; that was never my forte. :confused:

It was definitely a worthwhile game, imo. :D
  4. Aura_Knight394

Aura_Knight394 Captain of the S.S. Clark Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    66 coins
    Yeah, I remember that game! I actually got it because I got a perfect report card, and my Mom said we could go to GameStop and pick a game to play before we set out to Texas on a business trip with my Dad.

I actually first discovered the game from my friend. He had a DS, and he was stuck on the game.
    He was stuck on the final boss, and he needed my help to mash the A button quickly on the final fight.
    I know that definitely wasn't the best way to be introduced to a game, but it grabbed my attention.
    The game was fun. It was much like a parody of Kirby, now that I think about it.

I agree with @Kitsune_Sakura64 on the Speedrun world. That was probably the only thing not fun for me. To this day, I still do not know what lies behind that door. :(
  5. Wariomovie

Wariomovie Wario Monger Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    2,547 coins
    YES! This was one of my all time favorite games on the DS, and (back when everyone seemed to have a DS instead of a smartphone), quite a few of my friends had it as well. The story, music, and pretty awesome multiplayer action were all greatly appreciated by me, and the final boss battle was...well...if you've played the game you know what I'm talking about.
    Kitsune_Sakura64 likes this.
  6. Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64 New Gal on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    239 coins
    Seriously, though. >.<
    That... that endgame battle was... something else.