Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Ethendor

Ethendor

The PK-Fire spammer
Towns Folk
Starfy is one of those characters that you don't hear much talk about he had 5 games with 4 be JP only with the last one being released in America. And from the one game I have played the series is really good it has a really good story with the gameplay being an almost kirby style gameplay with lots of underwater and emphasis on collecting and finding secrets. He also had an assist trophy in SSB Brawl and a Mario Maker Costume. I was wondering if anyone still remembers the yellow starfish and if they did I was wondering what their thoughts on his games.

I think I still remember Starfy at some point. The first time I heard of him was when he become an Assist Trophy back in Brawl days thanks to some news site (and I think he still doing his job in Smash 4). At some years later, then I learned about the existence of the game series, even though only the last one, dubbed The Legendary Starfy, comes in outside of Japan, so I decided to try that first, and it turns out to be pretty enjoyable game, too. I wish they would make another games from Starfy series, though.

I saw this game in a store once, on the demo DS. It seemed strange to me, but my sister ended up getting it. So I borrowed it from her (and got a lot further than she did; she's not so good at these kinds of games. >w>).

The music is super adorable, and the pause screen was relaxing to me. Oh, also, that mermaid that says "hi!" and saves your game is pretty cute, too. :p The cast of characters in general is cute, though there are some darker moments throughout the game...
Like one of the protagonists being eaten by a guy named "Mashtooth": a red pig humanoid. Like, how isn't that scary?? :cry:

Mini-games, swimming,
being eated by a big scary fish...
... This game was fun for me; I liked progressing through the story. Though I didn't like the speedruns in the extra world; that was never my forte. :confused:

It was definitely a worthwhile game, imo. :D

Yeah, I remember that game! I actually got it because I got a perfect report card, and my Mom said we could go to GameStop and pick a game to play before we set out to Texas on a business trip with my Dad.

I actually first discovered the game from my friend. He had a DS, and he was stuck on the game.
He was stuck on the final boss, and he needed my help to mash the A button quickly on the final fight.
I know that definitely wasn't the best way to be introduced to a game, but it grabbed my attention.
The game was fun. It was much like a parody of Kirby, now that I think about it.

I agree with @Kitsune_Sakura64 on the Speedrun world. That was probably the only thing not fun for me. To this day, I still do not know what lies behind that door. :(

YES! This was one of my all time favorite games on the DS, and (back when everyone seemed to have a DS instead of a smartphone), quite a few of my friends had it as well. The story, music, and pretty awesome multiplayer action were all greatly appreciated by me, and the final boss battle was...well...if you've played the game you know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
YES! This was one of my all time favorite games on the DS, and (back when everyone seemed to have a DS instead of a smartphone), quite a few of my friends had it as well. The story, music, and pretty awesome multiplayer action were all greatly appreciated by me, and the final boss battle was...well...if you've played the game you know what I'm talking about.

Seriously, though. >.<
That... that endgame battle was... something else.

Not really, no. I vaguely remember him as an assist trophy in Smash Bros and think he might've had something to do with Kirby... were they both created by HAL Laboratories? Either way, like Kirby, Starfy looked fun and cute, but I never looked into much. Or even hear of it, for that matter.

Maybe they could reboot it sometime, or remake the original. Maybe a trilogy of the JPN only releases? I'm getting tired of all these big name franchises they're marketing now, along with the occasional niche and often gritty RPGs they also seem to focus on sometimes. We could use something cute to change things up a little, to go back to the old style of Nintendo I used to know... that would be nice.

I remember it from playing SSBB and she was an assist trophy and some Starfy characters also got cameos in Ultimate. Also from Nintendo power. I'd expect that series would have a primary purpose of being an easter egg for most games. Mainly because I have no real interest in the series. If they did appear again it would clearly exist as an extension of Kirby.

starfy is a video game character that has a slight nostalgic feeling despite not playing any of the games and before the appearances in the smash bro s games as i have for quite some time wanted to play the starfy games both the gba and ds ones as i am fond of adventure games , back in the past the games similar to mario the platforming games , i would find myself wanting to have more region free games to play as i liked japanese characters despite not being able to read japanese and i also found starfy cute and wanted more games to play at the time , i was a budding colector back then had no japanese games to my name and wanted some despite not knowing how and where to get games from japan as i did not know how importing worked back then when g4tv was around amdnthe whole cinemax and cinemax ne shows were on tv where they show japanese game commercials , i think “my memmory is a bit fuzzy for back then” saw starfy commercial along side commercial for a dead ir alive bach game , doki majo shinpan “the game that was outselling sporit tracks zelda ds game in japan” and some other nitche games that were japanese only that i do not recall their names.

Back