Does anyone think it will be a handheld?

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
Seriously, we know that around 2018 it will be announced. 3ds has been getting old now so by any chance may it be a handheld? The wii u had been catching a lot of steam so we know it will not be release until 2018. But by then, the 3ds would be years old. I think its going to be a handheld. The new 3ds xl is only a small upgrade so that does not count. What do you think?

If i tell truth i really do not want that nintendo console to be launched as it might take place of Nintendo 3ds xl which i really do not want happen ,still i want see that how it look like and according to me it will be homeconsole.

I hope it is a handheld, but there is a bigger possibility that it will be a home console. NX sounds more like a home console but no one can say anything. Anyhoo, I don't want it to replace the 3ds as said by @pokemon pro above.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I think it's probably going to be a console because it I heard something about nintendo planning to release a home console as their newest product around 2018.

I never actually will know which one to choose honestly :p but I think that it would still be good if it was a handheld , since it is not supposed to be released until around years later , but you can never tell if it is going to be a handheld or home . MOre chances of being a home console to me though :s

I hope it is a handheld, but there is a bigger possibility that it will be a home console. NX sounds more like a home console but no one can say anything. Anyhoo, I don't want it to replace the 3ds as said by @pokemon pro above.
I hope this happens and this nintendo console is a home console which will great for those who don't want to get replace there nintendo 3ds xl and i also to predict that this will launch in early 2018or 2019.

For now though, I don't want anyone to focus on the nx. Lets focus on the wii u. Honestly, I just got the console in december and I so not want another console coming up quickly or even people talking about it. I honestly feel like the wii u has been catching lots of steam and I don't want them to restrict games for the next console. That would suck. Maybe its just me but seriously, I want them to make lots of 1st party games on the wii u still, at least for 2 more years is fine with me.

i bet it's going to be a console.i mean it has CONSOLE in it but we don't have a official name yet so we it could be a handheld.but i think it'll be a console

T
i bet it's going to be a console.i mean it has CONSOLE in it but we don't have a official name yet so we it could be a handheld.but i think it'll be a console
We all know that this thing is going to be console but we all are still in confusion wether it will be a home console with 2 sreens or hand console with lot of features or it is something very different to our imagination Like console with 3 screen :p

I'd rather like it if the NX was a home console. There seems to be too many handhelds that Nintendo has batched up in the past 4 years. I'm even a bit surprised (as probably everyone else) that they would mention their next Gen console in the middle of the current generation. If the NX is in fact a hand held, I wouldn't want it to look anything like the 3DS family. xD

I'm one of those people who believes that it will be some kind of "Nintendo Fusion", as it just seems like the kind of gimmick that Nintendo would do, as well as being something practical for the typical gamer. But, if I had to choose whether I want a new handheld or a Home Console, I'd go with the Handheld. The 3ds is pretty old now. By the time the NX will release, I'm assuming around Holiday 2017, the 3ds will be almost ancient.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
I think It is going to be another handheld as sad as it is. I mean nintendo Said the DS would not be a simple replacement of the gba well it was so that is what NX is. I hope It will be a new console. The wii u only has three games I would suggest playing and Splatoon will probably not be as good as tf2. But that's just my opinion a game opinion

I'm pretty sure it will be a console. There is now way Nintendo would announce a handheld system when the 3DS is doing so well, and when the New 3DS came out just a few months ago. It would suck if it was a handheld, and most Nintendo fans would get angry that their 3DS would be outdated.

I think it will be a home console. First of all, let's consider what stuff console and handheld wise nintendo as realeased lately, so there's the 3DS, the wii u and the N3DS. The N3DS techically could count as a new handheld. Nintendo has always been equally dedicated to making both handhelds and consoles, the NX is most likely to be a console of some kind.

Home console.
Highly unlikely to be a portable when you consider that the New 3DS released in November/February 2014/2015 [respectively] and the Wii U was released back in 2012.

If i tell truth i really do not want that nintendo console to be launched as it might take place of Nintendo 3ds xl which i really do not want happen ,still i want see that how it look like and according to me it will be homeconsole.
It will be a new handheld and I'll explain in my next forum for the NX

I think it will be a home console. First of all, let's consider what stuff console and handheld wise nintendo as realeased lately, so there's the 3DS, the wii u and the N3DS. The N3DS techically could count as a new handheld. Nintendo has always been equally dedicated to making both handhelds and consoles, the NX is most likely to be a console of some kind.
Technically, you are wrong! The New 3DS is an add-on to the 3DS as the DSi is an add-on to the DS and GameBoy Advance SP and Micro are add-ons to the GameBoy Advance. I'll explain in my next forum for the NX.

I think it will be a home console. They were probably working on this back when the wii u wasn't doing so well and made plans on replacing it. I just bought my 2ds so i hope it isnt a new handheld that stops game development for the 3ds.

Nopeeee. I don't even think it will be a console. I just hope it lives up to the hype. >.<

But then by then, the 3ds will be 6 years. thats so old. The wii u would only be 5. So it can only be a handheld or something different like a streaming device.
I think it will be a home console. They were probably working on this back when the wii u wasn't doing so well and made plans on replacing it. I just bought my 2ds so i hope it isnt a new handheld that stops game development for the 3ds.
But then its 6 years old. The wii u is only 4-5 years old. So yeah, I would rather for it to be a handheld or streaming device.
Home console.
Highly unlikely to be a portable when you consider that the New 3DS released in November/February 2014/2015 [respectively] and the Wii U was released back in 2012.
Its just an add on, not a new handheld.

Personally, some people who want it to be a console probably onyl have a 3ds so they do not really care about the console. They have not released so much games on it. I want more on it. The 3ds is really old now, by 2017, it will be 6 years old. Plus typically, a handheld releases before a console so it would be a handheld first. The nx actually will be a streaming dvice of some sort but if they ever release something new, remember, handheld first, then console.

Back