Fates Does Fire Emblem Fates have the online mode region-lock?

• Thread starter eonia
  • Start date
eonia

eonia

into the next dream
Towns Folk
I saw in a spanish webs (in from spain so normally i am in these webs)

"my castle" option has region, lock,it seems its because of the censorship and to do that nobody could get the japan-only accesories (and because of the social justice warriors too)

because of that reason I coulnd´find the castles of the people what posted in "my castle thread"

but i want to know if this also apllies in online mode
that would be very stupid in my opinion if is true,

¿somebody of america want to try if this is true?

source (in spanish obviusly) :
http://www.fireemblemwod.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14758

How odd... I thought only Japan would be locked out of the rest of the world for software reasons (the cut content)

How annoying :/

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it's region locked. I suspected to believe that it was only region locked in Japan but looking at this I think it's region locked everywhere. It's a shame though. The competitive scene could've gotten bigger on 3ds Pedia.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it's region locked. I suspected to believe that it was only region locked in Japan but looking at this I think it's region locked everywhere. It's a shame though. The competitive scene could've gotten bigger on 3ds Pedia.
yeah, and now the tournaments would have to be divided between europeans tournaments and american tournaments

What a shame, I was really expecting that we, American players, would be able to interact with European players... As you said, if we want a competitive scene here at the forum, it will have to be divided...

and that my friends is why social justice warriors should go burn in a pit. just saying.

I tried with Bobcam7
and yes, there are region lock

Reactions: Blue Knight
I tried with Bobcam7
and yes, there are region lock
I see :/ that means some teams for the tournament have to get switched.

I know for sure that Japanese versions of the game can't communicate with European nor American versions (and StreetPassing them gives you the green flag on the HOME Menu, but you get nobody in your castle), but I wasn't aware that they locked the European and American versions. Especially since they have the same content (unless there's some region-exclusive DLC which could bring region-exclusive characters or items).

Back