Does hair color matter in games?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Do those anime-style hair colors matter to you in a video game or do you think you wouldn't enjoy video games as much as you currently do if games only had natural real-life hair colors like black and blond?

I don’t often utilize unnatural hair colors for my characters, but it’s cool to have that option if the mood strikes me.

Reactions: Mizunil
Very, it’s not an anime game I’d everyone doesn’t have crazy hair colors, and a young kid has gray hair.

Reactions: Mizunil
As someone who really *really* wants blue hair irl, I love having my game characters have blue hair, bonus points for if I can have multiple colours at once as well. "anime colours" isn't really the point, it's more just about choice. It's not hard at all to add additional colours when you already have the "natural" colours, so why not just give players that additional choice? Those players that don't want those colours don't have to use them, but those who do can.

Reactions: AricAttack
White hair always confused me in games. I'm going to assume it's unnatural and it was dyed that way but I really don't care in the end. I like multiple colors as a customizable option but I like to stick to normal colors for my avi/Mii.

As someone who really *really* wants blue hair irl, I love having my game characters have blue hair, bonus points for if I can have multiple colours at once as well. "anime colours" isn't really the point, it's more just about choice. It's not hard at all to add additional colours when you already have the "natural" colours, so why not just give players that additional choice? Those players that don't want those colours don't have to use them, but those who do can.
I cant say it better myself

Do those anime-style hair colors matter to you in a video game or do you think you wouldn't enjoy video games as much as you currently do if games only had natural real-life hair colors like black and blond?
No, I'd rather have preset character designs so I don't overwhelm myself with options. But if other people like it, then that's fine too!

My Dragon Ball Xenoverse character

Attachments

• received_301839054337523.jpeg
    received_301839054337523.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 4
I kinda don't care really. I feel you should just add both wacky and natural colors just to make both kids and adults happy. I like colorful hairstyles in splatoon 2 but in stuff with customization I keep things real depending on my mood lol.

Not really. Whether or not their hair colours span the full spectrum of the rainbow or not is of little concern to me, seems like quite a pedantic thing to worry about. But if I'm given the choice, I do like to give myself pink or purple hair when creating my own characters in games.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back