Support Needed Does hk,china and singapore have the same region?

• Thread starter TaranEtrama
  • Start date
T

TaranEtrama

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
can i play any of the games if i buy my console in any of the area?

Well, it depends on the region you get. For example If you buy a NTSC-U (North American) 3DS you'll only be able to play NTSC-U games.
There are only 3 regions, NTSC-U (North America), PAL (European/Australian/even Asian), and finally, NTSC-J (Japan only).
I think that you can get a PAL or maybe, a NTSC-U 3DS in the countries you have mentioned. You can only play games for your console's region.

PS. If you get a 3DS, just goto Settings and check the firmware number it will be something like X.XX Y
Where Y stands for the Region. (It will be either E, U or J) E for PAL, U for NTSC-U and J for NTSC-J.

Last edited:
so does the games says which region it can play also?

You can look at the back of the game's box to find a note. The age rating is also different I think. Normally, 3DS games for the Americas have "T" (for teen), "M" (for mature), and "E" (for everyone).

Example (North America - ESRB) :

New-Super-Mario-Bros-2.jpg

Example (Europe - PEGI) :

nsmb2.jpg

See the bottom-left corner to find the age rating.

Yes, the Method @Marc showed is pretty simple you can also look at the back of the game box and you'll see some text like "Nintendo of Europe" or "Nintendo of America".
If you're still not sure just ask the seller what region the game is for! That'd solve any mysteries.

thanks! helped a bunch!

thanks! helped a bunch!
Anytime buddy! We're always here to help you out with anything related to Nintendo's consoles and even other consoles.

Well, it depends on the region you get. For example If you buy a NTSC-U (North American) 3DS you'll only be able to play NTSC-U games.
There are only 3 regions, NTSC-U (North America), PAL (European/Australian/even Asian), and finally, NTSC-J (Japan only).
I think that you can get a PAL or maybe, a NTSC-U 3DS in the countries you have mentioned. You can only play games for your console's region.

PS. If you get a 3DS, just goto Settings and check the firmware number it will be something like X.XX Y
Where Y stands for the Region. (It will be either E, U or J) E for PAL, U for NTSC-U and J for NTSC-J.

Asia has a NTSC exclusive region, also New Zealand.

Asia has a NTSC exclusive region, also New Zealand.
I thought both Australia and New Zealand counted in the European PAL region! they have the same games and both are available in my eShop country list.

List of Video Game Regions
NTSC Territories
Japan (NTSC-J)
North America (NTSC-U)

PAL Territories

Europe
Australia & New Zealand

List of Video Game Regions
NTSC Territories
Japan (NTSC-J)
North America (NTSC-U)

PAL Territories

Europe
Australia & New Zealand
So? That's what I said both Australia and New Zealand count in the PAL territory! They play the same games as any European country.

So? That's what I said both Australia and New Zealand count in the PAL territory! They play the same games as any European country.

Ah... Didn't know that.

hey i live in asia with a north america 3ds xl :-D

hey i live in asia with a north america 3ds xl :-D

Mmm... What country? :D

Reactions: ErixSan
singapore :-D
Lol haha xD didn't know you live there my country is Unknown :p.
can i play any of the games if i buy my console in any of the area?
All I know is the NA Region 3DS can play games bought from Singapore they imported the games from there I guess xD

Back