Does the switch v2 have joy con drift?

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
as the title says, does the switch v2 (the one in the red box) have joy con drift? i couldnt find the answer online. thnx

as the title says, does the switch v2 (the one in the red box) have joy con drift? i couldnt find the answer online. thnx
Yes, it’s the same joycons, just better battery life in the switch tablet itself.

Reactions: 28142
So far, all versions of the switch and switch lite have joycon drift including official pro controllers.

Yet to see anything official that doesn't have drift.

didnt they have some redesign for the switch lite with there being a small bump being installed in the joy cons to reduce the possibility of joy con drift?
i just wasnt sure if they did the same thing with the switch v2

didnt they have some redesign for the switch lite with there being a small bump being installed in the joy cons to reduce the possibility of joy con drift?
i just wasnt sure if they did the same thing with the switch v2

Nope. The lite has drift and so does V2.

the switch release in 2050 will have drift

I just double-checked and the root cause of drifting (the graphite(?) pads) looks to still be present in the switch lite sticks, despite a couple small changes happening elsewhere in the stick.
Yup, it just delays the inevitable from the looks of it. There are plenty of reports online on this issue too unfortunately from the newer Switches... Seems like Nintendo's solution is to just make you send it to them and they'll fix it for free.

I sent mine over and it came back within 10 days, so I guess that works. I feel bad for those buying new controllers over this though.

Back