Breath of the Wild Does the weapon durability annoy you?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
A lot of you have played Breath of the wild some of you haven’t, @Marc :eyes2: but for those who have played breath of the wild you know one of the major flaws, Weapon durability, so if you have played breath of the wild you know that you can get a few about 10-20 hits off with a weapon before it breaks, and you can throw it at enemies and than it will break, but what I’m asking is, did the weapon durability in botw annoy you?

Reactions: P2.0
A lot of you have played Breath of the wild some of you haven’t, @Marc :eyes2: but for those who have played breath of the wild you know one of the major flaws, Weapon durability, so if you have played breath of the wild you know that you can get a few about 10-20 hits off with a weapon before it breaks, and you can throw it at enemies and than it will break, but what I’m asking is, did the weapon durability in botw annoy you?
To be honest, weapon durability wasn’t the problem for me. It was more the small inventory. Because you have a strict limit of weapons you couldn’t store all the good weapons and carry some weaker weapons to break instead of your strong ones. Instead, there is way to many weapons and not enough space.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Duffy
To be honest, weapon durability wasn’t the problem for me. It was more the small inventory. Because you have a strict limit of weapons you couldn’t store all the good weapons and carry some weaker weapons to break instead of your strong ones. Instead, there is way to many weapons and not enough space.
Yea I agree with this. Weapons are plentiful but inventory upgrades are not plentiful. There are a lot of good weapons but without a substantial inventory it's hard to keep them around until late after some inventory upgrades.

Reactions: AricAttack
I used to think, to the point of being annoyed with, that weapon durability was a major problem while playng long hours of BotW.
After seeing the posts above, I changed my mind: it doesn't really matter if weapons break after bashing them at monsters a couple of times, after all, there are tons of opportunities to find good weapons in the game without having to put heavy loads of effort into it
Still, as easy as it may be to come across good weapons, you will have a very hard time keeping them somewhere for later use.
Maybe implementing a weapon repair system, just like hundreds of games have nowadays, could be an alternative. Allowing players to purchase more inventory slots at merchants, perhaps? Let's hope for any of those.

Allowing players to purchase more inventory slots at merchants, perhaps? Let's hope for any of those.
you can get weapon slots with korok seeds.

Reactions: giordano88
you can get weapon slots with korok seeds.

Nice tip! Haven't played the game enough to find the related NPC yet (gonna definetly go after it now that I found out how the exchange system works).
Here we go rock liftng again! :D

Nah, if anything it makes the gameplay more interesting than just using one weapon forever. The master sword is balanced though and useful against the bosses and guardians. The powers of the champions also can be used in substitute

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and AricAttack
Agreed that it's not an issue. If anything, having the weapons break makes sure you'll look for more and value the good ones you have for longer, but it also prevents you from becoming OP by sticking to any one weapon. Even the Master Sword technically follows this rule by making you take a break from using it so many times.

I don't really mind at all. Why? Cuz I never had to experience it happening. Why? Cuz Idon't have the game. Why? Cuz I don't have a Switch? Why? Cuz I'm broke.

But I hear the item durability is kind of lame, but not too much of a problem for most players.

I don't really mind at all. Why? Cuz I never had to experience it happening. Why? Cuz Idon't have the game. Why? Cuz I don't have a Switch? Why? Cuz I'm broke.

But I hear the item durability is kind of lame, but not too much of a problem for most players.
It’s on Wii U too :p

Yeah I know, but is a whopping 80 dollars. Thats a bit much for me lol.

It’s $60 though?

I thought it was 60

Well I'm Canada so its a bit more than the US. Kinda sucks haha.

Well I'm Canada so its a bit more than the US. Kinda sucks haha.
Oh

Absolutely, it was terribly annoying. ;-;

Although, I can understand why they would add that. Imagine getting a super OP Lynel Sword and keeping it forever. They added that feature to stabilize the game.

It was kind of annoying at first, but after a while, I realized I was a hoarder. xD Durability kinda kept you from being too powerful, I feel. Cuz if you lugged around a bunch of strong weapons, fights would be too easy, and the fun of facing the next group of enemies, or a friggin' Lynel would be dull. ( ...Maybe not the Lynel, those things pack a wallop, and crushes your spirits into a fine paste. ;u; )

Though I have to say, I do miss going into a dungeon and getting an item to take with me forever, like the Ball and Chain from Twilight Princess. :p

Back