SwSh Does time travelling negatively affect Pokemon Sword/Shield?

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
In OrAs if you time travel, time-based events stop for 24 hours. And some other Pokemon games can have other punishments for changing time on the console.

But say if I time travel for something like Animal Crossing and forget to change it back when I'm playing Pokemon, will there be any consequences for doing so?

I haven't tried berry growing in XY but other than that not too much is really affected negatively to my knowledge. It's really at your own pace. I think you can also try the lottery with time travelling before changing it back but I could be wrong.

afak it does nothing, if you change the system time even if the game is closed then the game time wont change (maybe the visual stuff might but I've only done it in 24 hour steps).
If you actually want to time travel in swsh then you need to open a VS battle and lose it, then change the system time while the lose screen is still open. This doesn't do anything but make berry trees regrow (I sometimes time travel to get OOB with berry trees), so there is no point to doing it, and such no obvious punishments besides a number added onto your losses.
I spent afew hours playing around with it and haven't noticed anything.

The only notable thing would be that the dates on Pokemon you obtain would be odd, but if they aren't event Pokemon, that shouldn't matter.

Reactions: SmugWolff
Back