doki doki suikoden “doki sui”

• Thread starter ariamisu
  • Start date
ariamisu

ariamisu

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
wanted to talk about doki doki suikoden a visual novel that was originally a april fools joke by irem several years ago that became a full fledged psp game, this game is quite nostalgic for me and i still have this game to this day while not play it as much as before i beat it , it is cute and it has a great sound track and one of its songs are stuck in my head “the song that plays when you are organizing your. party and equipment to use in battle m_09 this song is stuck in my head , i love it is so soothing , its my favorite song in this game “ https://www.zophar.net/music/playstation-portable-psp/dokisui-dokidoki-suikoden “youtube doesnt have any videos to listen to the music”
dont see english wikipedia page for this game https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/どきどきすいこでん
this gme is a parody on the suikoden games that are popular and many like , as this game april fools page said something about it having 108 heroines like the infamous suikoden series , but this game has nowhere near 108 girls , it has less than a dozen.
it is more like doki doki majo shinpan without touch screen gameplay but with clothes destruction in simple battle format with a cost system to special skills.
you win by either reduce enemy leader hp to 0 or destroy girl clothes “shirt , footwear , headwear , skirt/pants” through your girls attack skills.
where as the leader just uses items and other non aggressive actions however these is item that does damage to the enemy leader and or team.
it is a wierd japan only psp game and irem website has no history of it last time i was on their website “irem wants you to forget doki doki suikoden existed like nintendo wants you to forget about wii u”
haizeru yuko , the main heroine and the first girl to join you “self proclaimed alien” is my favorite character , she reminds me of lala haragomo from star twinkle precure with her heir assessory , however unlike lala , haizeru hair assessory serves no fuction “she cant shoot electricty from it like lala can as cure milky”
the sound track will not blow your socks off or anything but i view it as pretty and cute and at times funny.
i believe that i am the only person on this site who knows about let alone played this game.
i enjoyed this game more than mimana ilyar chronicle despite not knowing japanese and playing it blind without any guide or videos to help me “as none exist on youtube or sites like gamefaqs”6F938BAD-22D8-445E-BA44-A189663AE692.jpeg
7E06F319-360C-4D9F-9126-8979933A0C31.jpeg
hat , shirt , pants and socks are the 4 hit points of the girl where as the leader has only regular hp.
depending on what clothes you wear some have skills.
clothes have a cost and you cant equip clothes if they go over a certain cost limit , like how picking battle skills to use in neptunia games for your light , medium and heavy attacks , some skills have high cost like those gained at high levels where as low cost skill are those you start with and are not very powerful.
some equipment skills let girls act twice or hit multiple clothing targets however when the clothes that those skills are assigned to are torn , the skills are unusable for the rest of the battle , thankfully the clothes are not lost and are still equipped “unlike yggdra union series of games where equipment and items both have limited uses”
https://web.archive.org/web/20111107182936/http://www.irem.co.jp/official/dokisui/index.html
i like quite a number of games that hardly anyone around me or on sites i have been on have talked about let alone know about.
i do not know a single soul offline or online that knows that this game even exists besides myself.
it is a wierd game but it is the kind of wierd that japan is known for and love japan for its strange quirky style.
doki doki suikoden is a ecchi visual novel with some rpg elements you can level up through battles and can grind to raise your max hp and to make money to buy clothes and items.

Back