Donald Sterling

• Thread starter QuanChi
  • Start date
QuanChi

QuanChi

Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp
Towns Folk
Does the name sound familiar? Not surprising, as the media has been covering this man's comments quite a bit this week. In case you didn't know what occurred, I will explain it to you. Over the weekend, Donald Sterling, the owner of a NBA franchise (Clippers) was lured into a conversation by his mistress Stiviano. During that time, she recorded the racist comments which Sterling felt. She then made this public, and that's why we are here now.

Sterling was punished by the league for this, and man was it ever a penalty. He has been banned from the league for life, a whopping 2.5 million dollar fine, and the NBA commissioner is asking other NBA owners to make Sterling sell the team.

Now I do believe that all have a right to voice their opinions, but the things this man said are disgraceful. So how do you feel about this, do you think the punishment was too harsh, or did he get what he deserved?

I really don't know. It sounds like it was a long time coming, with his history of racism. I'm big on free speech, but not when its hateful. Such ignorance ...

Thankfully the NBA playoffs are off to such a fantastic start, it helps distract from this sad situation.

I really don't know. It sounds like it was a long time coming, with his history of racism. I'm big on free speech, but not when its hateful. Such ignorance ...

Thankfully the NBA playoffs are off to such a fantastic start, it helps distract from this sad situation.

Yeah, as am I. I just question whether the whole recording business was legal, since that was a private conversation.

What the heck!

Back