Donkey Kong 64

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Has anyone played Donkey Kong 64? It had the yellow casing and required the extra memory pack. If you have played it, what were your thoughts on the game?

loved it. It was a really great fun platforming game. I wish Nintendo and rare had made more of this type of game.

I Google'd some gameplay footage and I can say with confidence that I've never played Donkey Kong 64, ;)

I don't think I'll be able to play the game unless it's made available for Nintendo's latest consoles.

loved it. It was a really great fun platforming game. I wish Nintendo and rare had made more of this type of game.
I agree one hundred percent. It was an amazing game! :/

I Google'd some gameplay footage and I can say with confidence that I've never played Donkey Kong 64, ;)

I don't think I'll be able to play the game unless it's made available for Nintendo's latest consoles.

It will sadly never be available, it's own by both Nintendo and Rare and Rare is own by Microsoft. Ownership disputes keeps it in limbo forever.

Didn't played it, didn't have the console :sorry:

I played a little bit of it a few years back but I didn't get very far in it. I really need to give it another go - it seems like one of those instant N64 classics a la Banjo or Super Mario 64.

I didn't know it even existed! (where have I been?) I'd like to try it out though, wonder if it's any good. :cat:

I loved that game, though at that time it seemed really hard because I hadn't clue on what I was doing:D but I loved it nonetheless even if I was mindlessly running around.

I remember only really saving Diddy Kong and I think that was on accident. But do you guys remember the Donkey Kong rap? That played in the beginning:D?

I played it on a N64 emulator plus I got fed up with it when I was a child since I couldn't get past the tests in which cranky Kong had set,even though I treid collecting the oranges with the c button but it didn't work.

I think this game weird, I prefer the classics from Snes, but I still trying to like this old-new way to play Donkey Kong on N64.

I didn't even realize the Donkey Kong Country series ran before the GBA, so I didn't know this game existed. But..now I really want to play it. It sure sounds rare, too. I'll look in to it! It got plenty of love so I'm sure it's worth playing, and I love the N64 anyways. :D

I love N64 too, but I think I not learn too much about it yet, and I think it's good because it's not too late for understand the "new concept" for some old games, they not still new for years, but they still here and one day I find way to have more fun!

What many people don't realize is how important Donkey Kong 64 was to gaming. Growing up I remember how much time I dedicated to that game, but throughout I was never bored, mainly because it was one of the few games of its time where you were not the same character throughout the story. I loved after rescuing a Kong you could be them first starting off as DK of course, then Diddy, then Tiny, then Lanky, and finally Chunky Kong. I remember throughout the game I couldn't wait to be Chunky Kong, just because I knew that he was the last playable character you could be. Looking back Donkey Kong 64 was one of my favorite titles on the N64, one that many overlook.

Reactions: Rockback
Looking back, I remember missing Dixie on this game, she's my favorite! :(

Back