Donkey Konga series (GC)

• Thread starter fantanoice
  • Start date
fantanoice

fantanoice

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Did anybody play the Donkey Konga games?

For those not sure of what they are, they were a series of rhythm games on the Gamecube, which used a pair of bongoes as the input device (like the guitar in Guitar Hero).

I actually found them quite fun. I own all three versions and play them every now and again. My favourite is probably the first one.

How about you?

I've got the second one I think. It was fun - though not as good as Jungle Beat. I wish more was done with the bongos. It's too bad the third Donkey Konga wasn't released in the States.

Pssh, Aus didn't even get the second one, I had to import it. >:<

Pssh, Aus didn't even get the second one, I had to import it. >:<

Didn't realize you were from Aus. I hear the gaming scene there has its share of struggles (with the rating system and whatnot). I know I have a hard time getting review codes for our AUS correspondent.

[Off topic]
Review codes?

We got an adults' only rating about a year ago so things are starting to get better. There's still bits of censorship which have hit some big game releases (Saints Row 4 and Stick of Truth, for instance). They were mainly because they depicted sexual violence that wasn't justified by narrative and just there for the sake of being there. Tbh, because I personally know victims of that, I can understand that being a thing (and I'm pretty sure even movies and books are the same with regards to that clause).

Since I work with a lot of small, indies companies, I know the AUS gaming scene can be more trouble than it's worth for them. When they send press codes to have their games reviewed, they often don't have them for the AUS region. Probably not worth it for the more budget oriented software.

Since I work with a lot of small, indies companies, I know the AUS gaming scene can be more trouble than it's worth for them. When they send press codes to have their games reviewed, they often don't have them for the AUS region. Probably not worth it for the more budget oriented software.
I'm still not sure what you mean. Do you mean submitting them to the classification board?

I'm still not sure what you mean. Do you mean submitting them to the classification board?

Among other things, but mainly.

where's my post but nevermind my favorite is Country return

Back