Doublade - Evolution of Honedge in Pokemon X/Y

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Meet Doublade, the evolved form of Honedge in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Doublade was revealed on the official Pokemon FaceBook page minutes ago. See what it looks like below :

923390_409455612509722_1681189407_n.png

Doublade is a Steel- and Ghost-type Pokémon.
Doublade is capable of carrying out intricate attacks by telepathically coordinating its two blades to deliver twice the slice in battle. Who's planning to catch this sharp-looking Pokémon?

What are your thoughts?

Lol, was just gonna post this but you beat me to it. xD
I have a feeling that Doublade will have some type of 2 Hit move (like Double Kick, etc) maybe Double Slash or something, just guessing.
It's one awesome Pokemon considering it's typing, can you believe the amount of resistances this beast has!! It will be a great addition to any team! Say no to Toxic and Mach Punches xD

This is the best Pokémon ever!

This looks like an awesome Pokémon to attack.
It must have a lot of HP if it has low defense.

I expected its evolution to be a bigger sword, or a sword and a shield :eek:

Wow, an awesome mix of type Ghost and Steel. It looks cool :cool:.Yup i'm gonna see if I can add him to my Pokemon Dream Team X/Y.

I expected its evolution to be a bigger sword, or a sword and a shield :eek:
You were right. Aegislash is the final evolution of Honedge and Aegislash has a sword and shield. It's ability stance change lets it switch between shield forme and blade forme.

That evolution is so creative. Even more creative than Dodrio, Dugtrio, Klinklang, or heck even Magneton. I'm totally going to get this game because this game reminds me of Colosseum and these creative Pokemon. What next, three swords?

That evolution is so creative. Even more creative than Dodrio, Dugtrio, Klinklang, or heck even Magneton. I'm totally going to get this game because this game reminds me of Colosseum and these creative Pokemon. What next, three swords?
I do agree that Aegislash is creative but you mean you haven't gotten Pokemon X or Y @Artisan!!! If it has been released for 9 1/2 months, How could you not have it.

Reactions: Artisan
I think he was being a bit sarcastic since Doublade is just Honedge with another mirrored sword. I guess GameFreak should start putting as much though as they can into the design of Pokemon, else they will end up one day with too many Pokemon and no more room for any more. Then, they'll have to stick to what they made in the past and that might just come to haunt them if some of these Pokemon really need a bit of polishing (unless they find a way to somehow remove these Pokemon from the universe or something).

Remind me of my doublade but talking about it has some great ability as a pokemon it's defense and attack are amazing as he can change them by changing form in the battle but my theory is the female maybe has more defense and less attack than the male

Back