Downloaded games/demos

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
what games have you downloaded from the Nintendo shop, rather than buying the game card? have you got any demos? which ones?

I've haven't got any full games. I prefer to buy game cards. But I do have Sonic & Mario at the Olympic games and Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's treasure demos. I need to get some up-to-date ones! xD

I don't have any proper 3DS games as downloads, but I do have a few virtual console games. In general I do tend to prefer to have a physical copy of the game though.

I don't really like digitally downloading full games so I usually only get demos

I have Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D as a digital game, but I got that from the Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards gift. I plan on getting Fire Emblem Awakening as another downloadable game. I do like digital games for their easy accessibility since they are always on the system, but I prefer cartridges since I feel more safe with them (almost like insurance).

Already have a Shovel Knight and planning to get Phoenix Wright: Dual Destiny when it's on sale again because the game doesn't release in hard copy. It doesn't worth it to buy a digital copy if the game release the physical one.

I usually just buy the physical game card too! I'm planning to download shovel knight when I get enough money. But besides that, O have kirbys dreamland for the virtual console (got it from Club Nintendo) and legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition ( was free ) and I don't really play demos..

I really like digital downloads, since I tend to lose my games a lot.

Games
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Demos:
Steel Diver: Sub Wars (more of a full game)

Virtual Console:
Mega Man (1)
Super Mario Bros Deluxe

Got a bunch here, especially exclusive eShop games.

Attack of Friday Monsters! Tokyo Tale (Level-5)
Starship Damrey (Level-5)
Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Natsume)
Cave Story (Nicalis)
Devil Survivor Overclocked (Atlus), from 3DSPedia "Blame Atlus" giveaway.

I also have a bunch, though have of them are Club Nintendo rewards.

DKCR
Donkey Kong (GB version)
Mario's Picross
Link's Awakening DX (still haven't played this :x)
Mario Golf
Dr. Mario Express
Four Swords
Starship Defense (actually really fun Tower Defense. Everyone should play it)
Mario v. Donkey Kong (I've never touched this one)
Kirby's Adventure 3D
Kid Icarus 3D
Pushmo and Crashmo
Bit Trip Saga
Shovel Knight
Cave Story (my favorite)
VVVVVV
Gunman Clive
Dual Destinies

I just bought my 2DS and haven't gotten any games yet, but I downloaded most of the available demos, and some were great, so I'll get them wherever they're cheapest, which usually is on a cartrige. I was going to but Ace Attorney Dual Destenies, as that's download only in the west, but that day it was released on iOS for half the 3DS price, so I got it for my phone instead.

Reactions: nicklesimba
Just to give you some perspective, I currently have 192 downloads on my 3DS not counting videos/demos (which I have all that are available).

I never buy retail 3DS games because it just seems inconvenient.

I just bought my 2DS and haven't gotten any games yet, but I downloaded most of the available demos, and some were great, so I'll get them wherever they're cheapest, which usually is on a cartrige. I was going to but Ace Attorney Dual Destenies, as that's download only in the west, but that day it was released on iOS for half the 3DS price, so I got it for my phone instead.
Does the iOS version come with dlc?

Does the iOS version come with dlc?
Yes, and no. The DLC is there, both the final turnabout and the costumes, but they're not included in the "full game pack" tat you buy (The first turnabout is free), but the DLC is half price of that in the eShop.

Reactions: nicklesimba
Yes, and no. The DLC is there, both the final turnabout and the costumes, but they're not included in the "full game pack" tat you buy (The first turnabout is free), but the DLC is half price of that in the eShop.
The 3ds version DID have 3d so maybe that's the reason behind the pricing? Idk, I'm glad I got it on 3ds because no iOS xD

The 3ds version DID have 3d so maybe that's the reason behind the pricing? Idk, I'm glad I got it on 3ds because no iOS xD
Double the screens, double the price? ;)
But yeah, it's really possible, but as I have a 2DS, I don't get the 3D function anyway, so it's fine by me. It's just nice that there are alternatives :)

I have Pokemon Y, Pokemon Gates to Infinity, Tomodachi Life, and Fire Emblem Awakening. I have no demos at all, unless you count the Move- in demo of Tomodachi life :p Buying digital games is great because I don't have to run out to the game store, but then I need to run out to buy more SD cards :p

I don't have any digital games but I do have the demos for Bravely Default(clocked in more than 15h woot!), Kingdom Hearts 3D, Metal Gear Solid 3D(only played it once but didn't like it but I still keep it in case a cousin of mines comes over and wants to play MGS), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity(My friend told me to stay away from it so I haven't played it even once) and Sonic Lost World(amazing game and the 3D effect is gorgeous).

I got Fire Emblem: Awakening as a digital download. I wanted to buy it on the release day, but our store didn't have it :rage: so I just bought it from the eShop ^_^ I also bought Virtue's Last Reward in the eShop, since they don't sell it here, and because it was only €12,50 at that time :eek: I also have 3 Virtual Console games: Super Mario bros, Mario World: 6 Golden Coins (my brother and I used to play this game all the time ^_^) and TLoz: Oracle of Ages. I'm planning to buy Seasons someday too, but I heard that Ages is more puzzle oriented and Seasons more action, so I bought Ages first :)

I have a large amount of eshop games and i have animal crossing and mario kart both digitally.
I have a few other retail games digitally. But they are games like code of princess, basically smaller games.
I really dont enjoy the virtual Console games as i own real copies of most they games they have and a Console for them.
But i really do love to digitally own the games. Makes things easy for me. I have a huge SD card so im not worried about room.
I like having all my games at once.

I got 3D land from the eshop, and got the demos to monster hunter, etrian Odyssey 4 and dual destinies.
It's pretty convenient

Back