Dragon Quest is getting a movie

• Thread starter Talkative_Tween
  • Start date
Talkative_Tween

Talkative_Tween

Aspiring Kawaii Boyo
Towns Folk
Dragon Quest 5 now has a movie adaption called Dragon Quest: Your Story. Appropriately named, because the viewer chooses some choices. Apparently it's in VR, too. There is currently no English translation confirmed as of the time I posted this message. I haven't seen it (because it's only in Japan and I can't travel and learn Japanese for quite a while) Anyone hyped?

Oh no that CG is creepy. Can't animations stay away from the 3D CG, please.

I don't see anything about it being in VR though, where did you get that bit from?

also, this is the first trailer in case anyone was interested:

Reactions: Talkative_Tween
I read a review from someone who had watched the movie and got some info about it in the comments section there. I couldn't gather much because there were only a couple comments. Personally, I like the CG effects. It looks like an anime except with realistic backgrounds and textures. People do dislike this style but I like it personally.

Here's trailer #2: https://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/dragon-quest-your-story-2.jpg

that's an image URL which also is access denied :panda:

here's the second trailer
Thanks! ^•^

Yeah, I had another look and I've got 0 clue to where VR comes into it. Not even sure how that's work honestly. Everything just points to this being a regular film.

Looks kinda creepy to me ;-;

I’ve never been interested in Dragon Quest to start with, but like Sky said, CGI looks somewhat disturbing.

Reactions: Talkative_Tween and 28142
I wish it was confirmed it was releasing over here, I couldn't find much on it in English...I'm just going by what I've heard so I could be wrong though...
The CGI will take some getting used to but I think they pulled it off pretty well, especially since they're not a humungous company or anything. :) I do hope someone makes a fan dub if Square Enix doesn't release it over here. Either way I'm very excited and I truly hope people outside of Japan can experience such an awesome looking movie.

Sorry for the essay on what I think about the movie, maybe I'll make a YouTube video about the movie..

Reactions: 28142 and Talkative_Tween
I never knew that existed before now, but thanks for showing me that! I did some more research on the movie (some stuff about it in English is finally showing up) and I don't think it's in VR, I only got that from a misleading bit of info in the pesky YouTube comments section (those darn YouTube comment sections) that claimed it was a VR movie. Nonetheless, I still am really excited to see the movie and now I have some more Dragon Quest stuff to look forward too! (I'm getting into RPG's a lot recently, I also am excited to play some games in the Mana series)

I guess that's nice. I hope you change the title and description of the post to make it not so misleading!

I guess that's nice. I hope you change the title and description of the post to make it not so misleading!
I'm on it. (As soon as I figure out how...this might take a while)
*cue dramatic music*

I'm on it. (As soon as I figure out how...this might take a while)
*cue dramatic music*

not sure if you're able to change it yourself, but DM me what you want it changed to and I can do it for you if you can't ^^

Thanks! :D :D May I please have it changed to "Dragon Quest is getting a playable movie in Japan"?
(Hope I'm doing this right :whistle: )

not sure it's "playable" though? It's just a normal film :p

not sure it's "playable" though? It's just a normal film :p
I think that you make 1 choice at the end but this is just going off a review of the film.
How about "Dragon Quest is getting a movie"? (I figure I can't be mislead on whether the movie exists or not :whistle: :cat: ;))

I've read multiple articles on the film now, and all of it just points to being a regular film :p I'll change it to the second one unless you can find some source on it having choices.

I've read multiple articles on the film now, and all of it just points to being a regular film :p I'll change it to the second one unless you can find some source on it having choices.
You can just change it to "Dragon Quest is getting a movie" :) But if you want you could change it to "Dragon Quest is getting a playable movie" Your choice. ;) :D

Reactions: 28142
Back