Dragon Quest VIi remake hinted to come to N.A?

• Thread starter MLGirby
  • Start date
MLGirby

MLGirby

ciao
Towns Folk
As a dragon quest fan,I've done my research,and since e3 is just around the corner I thought I'd see if DQ viI still had a chance to come to North America. And it does. Square Enix has published two new trademarks which sound very similar to dragon quest titles in the past. Namely "Seeds of Salvation" Could this trademark hint at the dragon quest VIi remake coming to North America? Lead your thoughts on this below.

I'm a Dragon Quest fan, and hopefully the Dragon Quest VII remake is real. I'd love to see the game in a better way, such as bigger adventure, better graphics, better fighting mechanics, and etc.

Yes,everything has been improved in the. 3ds remake,from battle mechanics to classes. I hope the remake gets translated and comes over to the us!

It might be coming after all nothing is impossible

An interviewer who visited E3 yesterday, personally asked Reggie Fils-Amie, if there were any news about Dragon Quest 7 and X:
download_4.png

Reactions: jams3223
It isn't coming to NA? Damn!

I guest it's not the time yet to know

Unfortunately, we're unlikely to hear anything from Square Enix. They've always thrown it to Nintendo (Since the NES) to advertise their US releases. heck DQIX, was announced at Nintendo's e3, and considering Ninty rarely outright says no when asked about a game release (Look at the Metroid games, they said genuinely looking into it) along with Square's e3 Schedule being nothing but Lightning and KH2.5, it's incredibly doubtful the US will get any Dragon Quest info anytime soon. I mean heck Dragon Quest Heroes 2: Rocket Slime, a DQ game that actually sold well in the US hasn't had it's 3DS sequel localized in the US and that was a year one 3DS title. The DQIV-VI DS remakes sold poorly, so it's doubtful we'll get VII, and DQMJ 1/2 sold abysmally worse which is why we didn't get DQMJ2 Pro, and makes Terry's Wonderland 3D along with Iru and Luca's Mysterious Keys, practically inconceivable.
As much as I hate to say it, DQ is dead in the US.

Give me another game or remake of Dragon Quest 8, that title was epic.

Reactions: MLGirby
Pssh...give me another game or remake of DQ 9. THAT game was epic. Amazing storyline, gameplay, and etc. Probably one of the best DS games I ever owned.

8 recently got a remake on iOS and Android, so if you like 8 that much go ahead.
Pssh...give me another game or remake of DQ 9. THAT game was epic. Amazing storyline, gameplay, and etc. Probably one of the best DS games I ever owned.
9 was really good but it was so recent it doesn't really need a remake.

Correction,it was PORTED to ios and android.

Correction,it was PORTED to ios and android.
To Japanese players yes, to us it's a far cry from our PS2 legend. Midi soundtracks, crappy menus, and no voice acting. Bleh. Also, while Dragon Quest is my favorite series, and VI my favorite game ever, face facts. Dragon Quest is dead in the US.

I know ;(

8 recently got a remake on iOS and Android, so if you like 8 that much go ahead.

I find the port to the mobile device kind of a disgrace really.

I know ;(
Sorry to say, though if you'd like some similar experience, Phantasy Star 4 goes for 2 bucks on steam.
I find the port to the mobile device kind of a disgrace really.
I completely agree, thats why I said "if you like 8 that much." It's really only for hardcore lovers of 8 who for whatever reason can't get the PS2 version. The framerate is crap, the controls are horrid, the graphics are poorly ported, the Japanese crappy midi soundtrack, a fixed resolution, and so much more that makes it disgraceful. Honestly, while I see some people saying "Oh this a test for Square Enix to see if Dragon Quest can be marketed in the US and Europe." Well Square, here's a secret. Most Dragon Quest fans are hardcore RPG gamers. They don't play mobile casual games. In addition the Dragon Quest fans won't enjoy such a large downgrade, they'll just play the PS2 version which is a lot cheaper, I might add.

At least I got the DLC for dq9 so I can still enjoy that..... And my dwIii for the gbc still works so I still have 2 dragon quest games to love

At least I got the DLC for dq9 so I can still enjoy that..... And my dwIii for the gbc still works so I still have 2 dragon quest games to love
I'd recommend getting the other DS Dragon Quest games, then you'll have about 6 to love.

I know I'm reviving an old thread :bag:, but there's some hints on Dragon Quest VII apparently Square Enix is still contemplating on localization for this game.

Noriyoshi Fujimoto (Dragon Quest's mobile producer) gave some insight on the possibilities of this game coming to NA/EU, this is what he said:
“In terms of [Dragon Quest VII], it has a lot of text to go through and translate,” Fujimoto said. “And we’ve received so many requests and so much positive feedback about the game, but unfortunately, we have to consider the cost and the manpower needed to handle the sheer load of text. In terms of scenario and script, the game is probably one of the largest in the DQ franchise. If a lot of people can buy it and support it ... well, we can’t promise anything.”

He also added:
“We’ve gotten a lot of requests [for localizing Dragon Quest VII], we really want to do it, but right now, we need to hammer out what kind of resources we’d need to do it," Fujimoto said. "We say this a lot, but we can’t seem to get to the point where it’s justifiable.”

So do you think, after two years Square Enix is still contemplating on bringing it over. @Dragovian this seems like too much for you :(.

Reactions: CrazyElf
So that essentially deconfirmed dqvii :(

Back