Dragon Quest XI 3DS screenshots show 3D and 2D world

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
dragon-quest-xi.jpg

Recently, Square Enix revealed some screenshots that showcase the world of Dragon Quest XI for 3DS, in both 2D and 3D.

In some areas of the game, you will be able to have a 3D image of the overworld displayed on the top screen, as well as a 2D top-down view of the overworld displayed on the bottom screen simultaneously, the bottom, 2D-version of the world doubling as a map.

You can see the screenshots for yourself here:

630x

original

original

original

original

I personally think the screenshots look great. I'll definitely be looking forward to a Western release of the game.

What are your thoughts on Dragon Quest XI for 3DS? Let me know in the replies below.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...3ds_screens_show_off_the_blend_of_old_and_new

Very generous, you can play with current-gen game alongside SNES game feels. But it's just for the introduction chapter, since the remaining game must be in one mode, either 3D or SNES mode (free to switch whenever you like).

Unfortunately I have no experience playing Dragon Quest series. But this is gonna be a perfect new release for Western fans.

Reactions: 532
I'm so hyped for this! I miss playing Dragon Quest and it brings back so many memories back when my me and my cousins played Dragon Quest 9 :'D Sooo exited! the screenshots look amazing! Can't wait for it to be released! :D ASDFJKLASDFJKL
- faints -

Reactions: 532
Very generous, you can play with current-gen game alongside SNES game feels. But it's just for the introduction chapter, since the remaining game must be in one mode, either 3D or SNES mode (free to switch whenever you like).

Unfortunately I have no experience playing Dragon Quest series. But this is gonna be a perfect new release for Western fans.
Same here, I also have no prior experience with Dragon Quest, however this entry looks promising, visually. I hope it is good, story and gameplay-wise.

I'm so hyped for this! I miss playing Dragon Quest and it brings back so many memories back when my me and my cousins played Dragon Quest 9 :'D Sooo exited! the screenshots look amazing! Can't wait for it to be released! :D ASDFJKLASDFJKL
- faints -
Same here! :)
Although it's not certain yet whether the game will come to the West though :(

I am so pumped for this. I have been such a fan for a long time and the 3d looks really good, even though i do love the SNES feel of these games the 3d atmosphere has definitely grown on me because the last dragon quest game i really played was dragon quest 8 on the ps2 and i absolutely loved that game. When this gets a western release i will DEFINITELY pick this up.

Back