Drawing on your Switch

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya peeps, P2.0 here coming atcha with another topic thingy!

So as most of your already know, Splatoon 2 has this feature where you can draw on your Switch and share your art with your fellow Inklings and Octolings. Just like Miiverse art! ( Of course, that's if you have a Twitter, or a Facebook. :x ) Now I myself have tried it out, but as you probably already know? They expect you to draw with your fingers, which is a total nightmare. ( For me, anyway. :'D ) And so when I consulted my bros about it, they said they're probably using a specialized pen used on tablets to draw their art. Which makes a lot more sense than my theory of them using witchcraft. :eyes:

So what I'm wondering is, with having art on Splatoon 2 and all, do you think Nintendo might implement some kind of art apps on Switch? It's nothing really big, but y'know, as an intermediate artist myself, the thought's been swimming in my head for some time now. 'o'

Reactions: Samster
The pens they're on about are just normal tablet pens. You have a kindle fire right iirc? Any tablet pens that works on that will work on the switch as well.

Considering there's no web browser or anything like that on the switch, and youtube was added so much later, I doubt nintendo are gonna put a drawing app on the switch, unless someone else makes one and puts it on the eshop.

Reactions: P2.0
The pens they're on about are just normal tablet pens. You have a kindle fire right iirc? Any tablet pens that works on that will work on the switch as well.

Considering there's no web browser or anything like that on the switch, and youtube was added so much later, I doubt nintendo are gonna put a drawing app on the switch, unless someone else makes one and puts it on the eshop.
Yeah, I have an Amazon Fire... 7? I think 7. I figured they'd be using that for their Splatoon art. \o/

I don't think they would either, unless, like you said, someone puts one on the console. Plus even if they did, I doubt anyone's gonna wanna use their fingers to draw. Unless they did go out and get tablet pens. Or maybe Nintendo will see this opportunity to make specialized pens for their system. 'o'

Reactions: Samster
There's no need to make specilised pens xD Like I said, tablet pens work on the switch. Something like this:
31Rbg-Bt1%2BL.jpg

Those are designed for tablets and phones and such, but due to the switch's screen, they also work on there.

Nah. Smash is so popular and stuff like that I think Stage Builder (minus various colors) is the best art maker out there. You can also make parts of the stage move and share them online which is an added bonus. Also thanks for mentioning the pen @Sky because I own one of those already and I probably would want to use it in case I want to make bea-outiful stages.

Back