E Reader cards

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
Has anyone here used E Reader cards on the GBA, there are tons for pokemon,mario,ac ect. they add a item or pokemon to the game . i think that the best is for mario 3 where you can get the rare hammer mario just by scaning the card or you can get to a level by scaning a card. pokemon is nice also for getting a pkmn but i think mario is better. what do you think is it a good idea should nintendo have kept using the ereader or is it not a good idea.

I think the Amiibo is the future e-Reader. It was great because it could remember the last game cards you slid on it and its basically something similar to a credit card swiper. I have used the SMBA3, Sapphire, and other game cards including a few e-Reader Pokemon cards (like the TCG ones) and the three DK games. They are alright but that stuff can all be potential DLC or games you can buy digitally so I don't hope to see them again. It's like seeing the next future handheld have a printer for it. It's not gonna happen.

e-Reader cards were never introduced in Europe, so I guess that it was a commercial fail for Nintendo.
However, I have heard that there was a special Mario Party using it, and that aside for the Pokémon games, it was used by the GCN version of Animal Crossing (using the GBA-GCN cable) to get extra content.
I even heard that Nintendo ported some NES games (Excitebike, notably) to e-Reader codes.

I guess that this thing was fun. That would be good from Nintendo to make a small reference to it by adding extra content to their games using QR Codes (that's just an idea). Though we all know that to expand the content of a game, you'll mostly release DLCs.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Back