E-Readers

• Thread starter Teg
  • Start date
Teg

Teg

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Personally, I prefer to sit down and read an actual book. However, When I'm traveling that is nearly impossible. I can't stand over packing my luggage in which case I usually leave my books at home. When Traveling I use my nook which has a huge collection of my favorite books and current books that I'm reading. Do you guys use e-readers? If so, which ones? Do you prefer them or the actual books?

I tried, once, to read an e-book on my computer. I didn't even continue past the first two chapters and believe me, it was a very short book.
I prefer actual books by a landslike. You can curl up in bed comfortably with them, turn the pages and breath in the smell of a well-loved tome. E-readers aren't really more viable than actual books. Books don't break when you drop them. Books don't even break when you do a flying elbow on them. :p

I'd prefer actual books as ell but even if not I'd read on my phone or tablet rather than spending on a new device only for reading.

Mmm... I like both for equal.

Of course, I don't like to read on my PC, so the only way I read an ebook is with a tablet or my phone.

I'd prefer an ereader. Believe me, going out/ on vacation with paperbacks are way heavy and what do you do when you finish the book? I've had a bad experience with books - they're just too heavy and bulky!

I'd prefer an ereader. Believe me, going out/ on vacation with paperbacks are way heavy and what do you do when you finish the book? I've had a bad experience with books - they're just too heavy and bulky!
You're right books take up a lot of space but getting an eReader is pointless when one can buy a decent Tablet (Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, etc) for reading ebooks.

You're right books take up a lot of space but getting an eReader is pointless when one can buy a decent Tablet (Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, etc) for reading ebooks.

I agree with this. While i like reading paper books, having your book collection in a slim and lightweight tablet is just way better, i can't live without my tablet for reading.

I don't like the idea of 'digital books'. I love reading books, and one of the reasons is because it isn't electronic. And they smell sometimes really like old paper. I love that smell :)

I think both versions has its flaws. I could personally deal with both. Sometimes, if you constantly stare at the screen on an e-reader, it can be eye damaging. The good thing about it though, as already mentioned, is it's easier to carry around. You can have all of your favorite books located on one device, making it easier to access them. Also, if more books start moving onto e-readers, perhaps the price of college books would drop as well. That would be nice! :)

The original hard back book is good too. People have been reading the physical copy for years and it has seemed to work for many people. If you drop your book or lose it, you can always pick it up or purchase another one. If you drop your e-reader, all of your data for books could be gone unless you restore it somehow or do whatever has to be done. It can get complicated.

I think one ought to go with which one prefers is the best for them.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
I prefer e-readers. I've read many books on Kindle. I find it convenient that all of my books are on one device. And by Kindle, I mean Kindle 4. I don't like reading books on an LCD display.

I prefer the to read the real thing. Why waste money and get an E-reader? sounds pointless to me. xD

I prefer the to read the real thing. Why waste money and get an E-reader? sounds pointless to me. xD

Well, at least in some countries, with the price of 3 books, you can get a e-reader, being a lot cheaper than a faster phone.
Then, you will be buying a lot of books without the cost of the material to print it.

I prefer the library because it's completelyyyy freeee
Well, at least in some countries, with the price of 3 books, you can get a e-reader, being a lot cheaper than a faster phone.
Then, you will be buying a lot of books without the cost of the material to print it.

I prefer the library because it's completelyyyy freeee

Mmm... Libraries here aren't the best option actually :p

I really do prefer books over E-Readers. However, there is an E-Reader that is very resilient and has a screen exactly like paper. You can read it in the sun like you would read a normal book, it is called the Kindle Paperwhite
popup-paperwhite-diff.jpg

Mmm... Libraries here aren't the best option actually :p
What do you mean? We have an enormous library in my town, it's really cool :D I actually went yesterday to get some new books :)

What do you mean? We have an enormous library in my town, it's really cool :D I actually went yesterday to get some new books :)

Well, meanwhile the book selection isn't the better, sometimes you will find the books "ill-conditioned" and some of those can have dead spiders, mucus, hairs, nails and it's pretty disgusting.

Well, meanwhile the book selection isn't the better, sometimes you will find the books "ill-conditioned" and some of those can have dead spiders, mucus, hairs, nails and it's pretty disgusting.
:confused: Yikes! The books in our library are old, but they're still in good condition and they smell really old-bookery. I love that smell :love:

I think reading book on a kindle or over the Adobe reader is pretty cool since you don't have to search and but the book since you can get it for free by ebooks

I think reading book on a kindle or over the Adobe reader is pretty cool since you don't have to search and but the book since you can get it for free by ebooks
Yes, and it does not matter how thick the book is. You can keep the file in your e-reader and carry it wherever you go. However, phones already have the ability to load PDF and ebook files, making e-readers pretty much useless.

Back