EAD TOKYO Working on new Mario Game.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Nintendo producer Yoshiaki Koizumi has told EDGE that a new Mario game is in the works, but refused to say whether it will be on platform, 3DS/Wii U. EAD Tokyo team leader Kenta Motokura said that if the game does come to Wii U then they need to figure out ways to make better use of the Wii U GamePad.

“Yoshiaki Koizumi says that while work has begun on the new game, it could not confirm whether it’ll be 3DS or Wii U title. “That’s still a secret!” he says. “I can tell you, though, that we’ve already started approaching our next challenge.”

“There’s still a lot more room for discovery and invention, and we’ll continue to propose new and exciting game mechanics going into the future.” If follow-up to Super Mario 3D World is to be a Wii U game, co-director and EAD Tokyo team leader Kenta Motokura says his team “might need to make even more use of the GamePad.”

game_informer_mario_wii_u.jpg

Make even more use of the game pad... So it might be a wii u game.. Oh, they can make it on both platform(because i dont own a wii u)

Make even more use of the game pad... So it might be a wii u game.. Oh, they can make it on both platform(because i dont own a wii u)
I have a feeling it's a cross platform, or just a Wii U exclusive, I'm not sure. Only time will tell :) E3 2014!

Nintendo definitely needs to make better use of the GamePad. Some new ideas for it are an absolute must, and I hope E3 reveals some. Maybe the overdue dual GamePad support?

Please!! Make it on 3ds too!!:cry:

Well... They want wii u sell better, so it might comes up on wii u:dead:

Please!! Make it on 3ds too!!:cry:

Well... They want wii u sell better, so it might comes up on wii u:dead:

I bet it will be for Wii U...
But it's strange Nintendo want to do another 3D Mario when they can use those studios to make other games...

An $20 eshop game of F-Zero would be great, for example, and they can use very well the gamepad.

I bet it will be for Wii U...
But it's strange Nintendo want to do another 3D Mario when they can use those studios to make other games...

An $20 eshop game of F-Zero would be great, for example, and they can use very well the gamepad.
Yes! I agree. To be honest, Mario sells, but the're killing the franchise's ethnicity, why can't they use that development money to make a new StarFox (Wii U, which can use the GamePad well too) or something fans have been dying for like Metroid or F-Zero. I hope it's on the Wii U though, this year looks like it has an amazing line up so far.

maybe they are making super mario galaxy 3 for wii u and mario sunshine 2 for 3ds.

they want people who played mario when they are young back to buy a wii u.but i think it will come out at early 2015.

maybe they are making super mario galaxy 3 for wii u and mario sunshine 2 for 3ds.

they want people who played mario when they are young back to buy a wii u.but i think it will come out at early 2015.
Woah :love: I'll get both games in a heartbeat! Amazing titles, I hope it's the other way around though, Mario Sunshine 2 for Wii U and Super Mario Galaxy 3DS :)

Woah :love: I'll get both games in a heartbeat! Amazing titles, I hope it's the other way around though, Mario Sunshine 2 for Wii U and Super Mario Galaxy 3DS :)
hee hee i want mario sunshine on 3ds because i havent play mario sunshine and i dont have a wii u.
Or maybe both can be cross platform! that will be great and everyone will be satisfy...~~:p

Reactions: Reece

This is mostly impossible.
The reason we got Super Mario 3D World is because they didn't made Super Mario Galaxy 3...

But honestly I hope the next game can be a mix of Super Mario 3D "GAME" and a Galaxy one...

I'd rather have an original Mario 3D game than a Galaxy sequel.

This is mostly impossible.
The reason we got Super Mario 3D World is because they didn't made Super Mario Galaxy 3...

But honestly I hope the next game can be a mix of Super Mario 3D "GAME" and a Galaxy one...
I'd like a mixed Galaxy 3D game, I know a lot of people didn't like Super Mario Galaxy 2 (including me) but if they did a mixture, it would be different. I can't wait to see what Nintendo is brewing up.

I'd like a mixed Galaxy 3D game, I know a lot of people didn't like Super Mario Galaxy 2 (including me) but if they did a mixture, it would be different. I can't wait to see what Nintendo is brewing up.

Mario Party 10

:panda: Mario Party 10 for Wii U, well that sounds interesting. I just hope it has online-play (which it mostly will), if so, I'll get that game for the Wii U.

:panda: Mario Party 10 for Wii U, well that sounds interesting. I just hope it has online-play (which it mostly will), if so, I'll get that game for the Wii U.

The 3DS one doesn't have online. Reason I won't buy it never.

The 3DS one doesn't have online. Reason I won't buy it never.
I know right, no wonder it got mixed sales and reviews, online-play would have make that game awesome.

I know right, no wonder it got mixed sales and reviews, online-play would have make that game awesome.

Nintendo is making a lot of mistakes.
Another example: Where are the other 3D classics?

WHY THERE ISN'T A 3D CLASSICS: SUPER MARIO BROS. 3?????????????????

I'd love to see more 3D classics from Nintendo!. At least SEGA is doing their part. SEGA does what Nintendon't!

Back