• Thread starter PorkyTheKing
  • Start date
PorkyTheKing

PorkyTheKing

King of all Pork and it's Armies
Towns Folk
Oh MAN I can't believe it's happening.
Mother 1 is coming here.
Of course, it's been finished being translated, they just never got to releasing it.
Now I need $7.

It's kind of weird that they named it Earthbound beginnings. Guess since they had Earthbound already on eShop not a lot of people would know the prequel was called Mother 1 or something. But its still nice that we get to see more love for the Mother franchise on eShop. Now we just need that nice Mother 3 remake....

I don't understand why they are renaming the game. I guess Earthbound Zero was the fanmade name though. I'm glad it's VC but seriously it should be for 3DS as well. The 3DS clearly can handle NES games and three should be more in the 3DS collection anyways. I guess Nintendo did this because they want M/EB to be an exclusive to Wii U thing as they are special games of the people buying them would already have enough money for EB anyways and EB is a rare game. If Nintendo wants more mony they would release it for 3DS too.

@Artisan that's actually not the problem.if you watched the smash Wii u 50 fact extravaganza it compared Wii u pixels to 3ds pixels.the 3ds was merely a corner compared to Wii u pixels.now that's just for earthbound.we seen nes titles though so I don't see why earthbound zero isn't on the 3ds.so your probably right.Maybe Nintendo just wants the mother series to be Wii u exclusive.Now we just need that mother 3 remake in english

Earthbound Zero/Beginnings isn't that long of a game if you know what you're doing, so I don't know why you'd need to make it portable to put more time into it. Also it's easier to play NES games on a Gamepad.

Earthbound Zero/Beginnings isn't that long of a game if you know what you're doing, so I don't know why you'd need to make it portable to put more time into it. Also it's easier to play NES games on a Gamepad.
I saw a speedrun in that game in it was crazy fast and I was surprised how short the game was and how useful Bread Crumbs are. I was disappointed by the length but the music was memorable and I'm more fond of it than some of Earthbound's music. Did Nintendo allow for Circle Pad use in VC? If the answer is no I think that would be a good reason to put the game on Wii U VC so you may have a point.

Yeah Circle pad is good but not for NES games

This is one step closer of getting Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) on the wii u virtual colsole and when that happens everyone is gonna freak out.

Back