Earthworms: game review

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
EARTHWORMS

So i was doing my weekly eshop surfing when i found a game called '"earthworms". The name made it sound like a "not so interesting" game but i clicked on it anyway and it was apparently about finding a missing girl. AND the game was only a cent (it was on sale and it still is as of now). So i bought it because it looked intriguing.

PLOT

So in the game, you play as a detective and you get a case about a missing girl. When you go visit the island and start searching for the girl, you start to see weird things around the island. As you play through the game, you uncover a bigger plot at hand and you find out there's much more at stake than you thought. The plot was pretty interesting and it kept me hooked. I liked it but i'm not sure if its for everyone. (hint: there are weird creatures involved. and it may have to do with earthworms)

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 6.36.59 PM.png

GAMEPLAY

As for the gameplay, its a point and click adventure and plays just like any other point and click game. You collect things for your inventory, use them in other places and solve some puzzles. I used the joystick for most of the game but touchscreen is supported too. I preferred to do some sections with the touchscreen (certain puzzles especially). The controls were actually pretty smooth and i didnt face any technical issues at all. I enjoyed the music too as it gave the game a creepy vibe at times. There is no autosave and you have to save manually, but saving takes less than 5 seconds (its really fast).

OTHER FEATURES

There are 3 different endings (good, neutral, bad). The good ending requires some specific planning and its not the easiest to get but the save feature makes it easy to correct your mistakes. This game doesn't really have much going for it in terms of replayability unless you want all 3 endings. The artwork is really nice and each environment looks hand painted. The game isnt too long and it gives about 2-4 hours of gameplay depending on how you play.

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 6.37.14 PM.png

Final verdict:
I surprisingly enjoyed this game and it is absolutely worth it for a single cent. But when the sale ends and it goes back to $8, i would be hesitant to buy it. But overall this was a pretty well polished game that provided me with a couple hours of entertainment. I would recommend trying out the game before the sale ends. Theres even a demo if you want to try it out. If you're a fan of point and click games, this is definitely worth a go.

Last edited:
For a minute, I thought you were talking about Earthworm Jim

1598886757916.png

Reactions: Deepak
Back