• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ok, so i've seen the eshop video for this game, and i dont remember much, but the game looks wicked awesome and i hope to get summer. but i do have a question. how are the controls for this game? i've played some games that use motion control (wii ones) and on some if them, it took me several attempts for it to register (and at times, that costed me life on the game/caused me to lose a round, etc). this is one reason im not a very big fan of motion controls. i think the technology is great; but when it takes that much to register, its pretty frustrating.

another issue i have with motion controls is safety issues. especially since i have some very young children who play my wii u. when they play and have to deal with motion controls, neither of them do well keeping a safe distance from each other. and because of that, there have been several accidents here (in a few of them i was injured, and i got very angry and ordered them to leave the room). to keep the explanation simple, they arent very aware of their surroundings when they play. so, accidents happen.

what im getting to here is this: im hoping this game doesnt require you to use motion controls. mainly because of safety issues when it comes to younger people who play. so, do you have to use motion controls to play Splatoon? or is there button alternative? i think you can probably help me here @Mikaya

You can turn off motion controls from the gamepad settings when you're playing the game. I don't use it myself because it can be difficult. Instead, you use both control sticks (left and right) to move your character and look around. You can also adjust the sensitivity of both controls to suit your needs. (-5 to +5 if I remember correctly).

Ahhh, thank you!^^ i will probably set it to button controls when i let young children play, just for safety reasons as i mentioned above. I can live with motion controls myself; i just want to avoid hazards when the younger ones play....there have been several accidents there. Thanks!

Reactions: Mikaya
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back