Editions of games

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
do you like normal or special editions of games which contain exclusive content?

I like normal. I don't bother with extra features. They usually cost more anyways. xD

Well, that entirely depends on what is special about the special edition. :p If the extra content is good enough, I may splash out and buy it.

If it has something i think is worth buying or if it's a game i was very highly anticipated abou, I'd buy it. For example if TLOU had an affordable Special Edition, i would've bought it on the spot, but $150+ for a special editon is a bit steep for me.

I usually just buy the standard edition for games, movies, and pretty much anything else too.

Depends on the game for me, honestly.

It really depends for me, if there are good extras offered for special editions of games then I do buy them. If not, then I just get the standard edition.

I usually get my games when the regular copies are in mass production. I will very rarely pick up a limited edition/GOTY edition/special edition copy of a game, unless it's from a series that I really like. Even then, I don't do this all the time, and will often times opt for the normal version of the game.

It's probably cheaper to wait until all the DLC is out and then purchase the Special Edition copy... But meh.

I'll buy Limited/Special/Collector's Editions of games that I am hyped up for enough. Just this year I purchased Bravely Default Collector's Edition ($60), Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition ($110), Dark Souls II Collector's Edition ($120), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collector's Edition ($100) and I also have Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered.

I also bought Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition since it was still for sale on Bandai Namco's site. I had originally purchased the Limited Edition when the game released, not knowing the CE existed. So I was happy to go back and purchase it since I missed out on it before.

I like special edition mainly because special edition games usually come in special cases

I like special edition games, because sometimes they bring something pretty nifty, like the Ganondorf firgurine that came with the special edition version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.

I am betting spending my money on the normal ones but if there is a discount i got no prob picking the special editions.

Depends on the content.

Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition: Game, Season Pass, Artbook, Steel Case = Good Value

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition: Game, Bonus Content (that will likely be free later on) = Bad Value

Or if it's just a franchise I really like I'll splurge and get the special edition lmaooo

I always buy regular ones. Special editions are generally (for me) an excuse to rise the price of the game for too few content in most of the games, and generally, when it's in-game content, other players will get it later, so, add it up, and you'll see that people who generally buy normal editions get the same thing, without the special packaging, cheaper ;).

So, that's why I always pick up regular editions. I'm fine with the game itself, and don't need the extra content that comes with.

if i buy special ed i normally do it when the game been out for awhile then i buy it new . sometimes it like 5 bucks more

Back