Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Eiyuden Chronicle has been the talk of the Internet today and it's been confirmed to be coming to a Nintendo console. I'm not sure if they're going to wait until Nintendo releases another console after the Switch because it has been listed as "Nintendo next-generation", but I doubt we're going to see another console anytime soon, so I'm confident the game will have a Switch version.

The game is said to be a high quality JRPG from Yoshitaka Murayama and Junko Kawano.

It features a traditional 6-character turn-based battle system and a deep story with 100 (probably recruitable?) characters. I got to say, its battle system is looking pretty sweet.

Battle System:

Exploration:

Story
Our story begins in one corner of Allraan, a tapestry of nations with diverse cultures and values.

By dint of sword, and by way of magical objects known as “rune-lenses,” the land’s history has been shaped by the alliances and aggressions of the humans, beastmen, elves, and desert people who live there.

The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses’ magic. Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further.

It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village, meet each other and become friends.

However, a twist of fate will soon drag them into the fires of war, and force them both to reexamine everything they believe to be right and true.

The game is said to also have cats. I'm sure the developers will allow you to pet 'em to please some gamers.

What do you guys think? :eyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gram
Made by some Suikoden veterans. Suikoden 2 is one of my all-time favorite RPGs, and this definitely has that same feel to it. The art style looks so great.

I was reading today that if there’s no new Nintendo console by the time they get to that point in development, they will either have to scale all the textures and assets for it down to lower quality for the switch, or if they can’t manage it they will just refund backers that wanted that version.
So that’s depressing.

So that’s depressing.
I'm hoping they decide to scale it down for the Switch. I doubt Nintendo is going to announce a new console in the next 3 years.

Reactions: Gram
It looks like an improved version of octopath traveller.

Link to the Kickstarter, which has already raised almost 3X it’s goal in 1 day (1 month still left):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes

Note that backing the game rather than buying it after release gets you in-game perks, like a golden cat and special backer-exclusive buildings for your base. You’ll get the game earlier than the retail release too. Also any DLC they make is free for backers.

The more I read about it, the more hyped I get. I really hope they make it with no issues. You can see a lot of people believe in this team.

I mean listen to this song, composed by Motoi Sakuraba (Golden Sun, Tales series):

Last edited:
I pledged on kickstarter as soon as it went up! I've been waiting so long for a sequel/spiritual successor to the Suikoden series and I'm so happy to finally see it coming! I wish I could pledge for the "name a location" or "become an NPC" perks but alas, it costs way too much for me! xD

Reactions: Deepak, Gram and Marc
33 hours to go before the Kickstarter ends.
They are teasing about half a dozen stretch goals to go, but there’s little chance of fulfilling them in time. I really hope they include some of those planned features anyway. I don’t think an extra million dollars should be the difference between including some of these and not.

Back