Epic Games giving $10 coupon for $14.99+ games if you download rocket league

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
CA7E0D11-8257-4E71-8204-31054909DD76.jpegThis literally says it all, I’m gonna go and download it now just to make sure and I suggest you do the same!

I meaaaaaaan........... It kinda speaks for itself. This is kinda really low honestly, getting more sign ups just to redeem a game that last I checked was now breaking the law in a few countries.

To make it absolutly clear as well, this is $10 store credit that you can only use on the epic store. This also wont stack with any other coupon you get. Also, the game has to be over $14.99 for the coupon to work. Doesn't work on pre-orders or in-game purchases.

Reactions: Jisenku, James and Mizunil
Also, the game has to be over $14.99 for the coupon to work. Doesn't work on pre-orders or in-game purchases.
That makes more sense, smart tactic, but yeah kinda low aswell

I guess im gonna have $10 store credit im never gonna use then.

Reactions: Mizunil
Oh, fun! A $10 credit that is pretty shady, it's on the Epic Games store (which I would never download), and it's for Rocket Leauge (A game that I wouldn't download unless if I was really REALLY bored!)

The 3 in one I DON'T CARE package!

why are all you haters of Epic Games? Rocket League aint bad either.

i seriously still dont get it, just make an epic account and bam, you can get all those games for free. it just seems like ppl are jealous, or stubborn, like "i strictly will only stay on Steam cuz i want to." its there fault for missing out on games. I do get it tho, with Metro: Exodus, but hey, its a free competitive market. It wasnt illegal wat they did right there, and if anything, ppl can still cancel there pre orders, or if they are still that stubborn, they can just stick with buying it.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
i seriously still dont get it, just make an epic account and bam, you can get all those games for free. it just seems like ppl are jealous, or stubborn, like "i strictly will only stay on Steam cuz i want to." its there fault for missing out on games. I do get it tho, with Metro: Exodus, but hey, its a free competitive market. It wasnt illegal wat they did right there, and if anything, ppl can still cancel there pre orders, or if they are still that stubborn, they can just stick with buying it.
@Sky

tho, i did see the section of "spyware", but thats just theories and talk. It could be true, but from the way it stands, just looks like ppl are being salty. and, maybe Steam has some shady areas...

tho, i did see the section of "spyware", but thats just theories and talk. It could be true, but from the way it stands, just looks like ppl are being salty. and, maybe Steam has some shady areas...
@Sky

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury
Oh, fun! A $10 credit that is pretty shady, it's on the Epic Games store (which I would never download)
I'm kinda confused why do people dislike Epic games, have they done shady stuff lol?

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku and phofufury
I'm kinda confused why do people dislike Epic games, have they done shady stuff lol?
thats me right now, very very confused. I mean, Epic Games brought forth one of the best games, Fortnite lol

thats me right now, very very confused. I mean, Epic Games brought forth one of the best games, Fortnite lol
@Sky

https://medium.com/@unfoldgames/why...the-epic-store-developer-of-darq-7ee834ed0ac7

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-the-industry-better-but-gamers-dont-see-that

https://kotaku.com/publishers-pull-their-games-from-epics-store-during-its-1834828248

Not to mention everything from the Epic vs Apple battle where Epic are trying to paint themselves as a tiny indie company being bullied by a large monopoly to gain sympathy votes... Despite being an incredibly large company themselves aiming for a monopoly....

One of the main points people try and give epic is their cut to devs, epic only takes 12% compared to Steam's 30%. Except if you hop over to something like itch.io, that cut can be 100% to devs and that percent is up to them. And ontop of that they do things like this: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/itchio-ditches-its-revenue-cut-for-black-friday/

Free games? Sure. I claim the free games myself since I had epic from owning save the world when it first came out. It makes epic pay the money instead of me and I'm perfectly fine with that. but epic aint the only platform with free games. Steam often has some, humble often have some, itch has a ton.

The spyware was mostly overblown, yes. However there was a bit of credit to some parts, it did have a scope of files way beyond what it needed for one. The general security is pretty poor too, my epic account has had a ton of attempts on it (I presume someone somewhere can see how many vbucks I have) and yet my steam account? Basically none. Once someone did end up getting through to my epic account somehow, certainly wasn't with the password, but I got 'em kicked out before anything happened and slapped on 2fa.

The exclusivity also breeds greed. For indie studios the extra money could be the difference between the game getting finished and released or being cancelled. For AAA's? Doesn't do crap other than just boosting higher ups' paychecks. And they really don't need even bigger checks. There also needs to be some sanctions on when a deal like that can happen imo. A week before launch on steam? God no. A (finished) backed game which the promised rewards where specifically steam keys? Something needs to be sorted out for that and not just a straight "no".

Also just general toxicity, crunch and all that fun jazz in the company.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku and Mizunil
Oh, fun! A $10 credit that is pretty shady, it's on the Epic Games store (which I would never download), and it's for Rocket Leauge (A game that I wouldn't download unless if I was really REALLY bored!)

The 3 in one I DON'T CARE package!
I'm also not a fan of epic games

Reactions: Jisenku
https://medium.com/@unfoldgames/why...the-epic-store-developer-of-darq-7ee834ed0ac7

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-the-industry-better-but-gamers-dont-see-that

https://kotaku.com/publishers-pull-their-games-from-epics-store-during-its-1834828248

Not to mention everything from the Epic vs Apple battle where Epic are trying to paint themselves as a tiny indie company being bullied by a large monopoly to gain sympathy votes... Despite being an incredibly large company themselves aiming for a monopoly....

One of the main points people try and give epic is their cut to devs, epic only takes 12% compared to Steam's 30%. Except if you hop over to something like itch.io, that cut can be 100% to devs and that percent is up to them. And ontop of that they do things like this: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/itchio-ditches-its-revenue-cut-for-black-friday/

Free games? Sure. I claim the free games myself since I had epic from owning save the world when it first came out. It makes epic pay the money instead of me and I'm perfectly fine with that. but epic aint the only platform with free games. Steam often has some, humble often have some, itch has a ton.

The spyware was mostly overblown, yes. However there was a bit of credit to some parts, it did have a scope of files way beyond what it needed for one. The general security is pretty poor too, my epic account has had a ton of attempts on it (I presume someone somewhere can see how many vbucks I have) and yet my steam account? Basically none. Once someone did end up getting through to my epic account somehow, certainly wasn't with the password, but I got 'em kicked out before anything happened and slapped on 2fa.

The exclusivity also breeds greed. For indie studios the extra money could be the difference between the game getting finished and released or being cancelled. For AAA's? Doesn't do crap other than just boosting higher ups' paychecks. And they really don't need even bigger checks. There also needs to be some sanctions on when a deal like that can happen imo. A week before launch on steam? God no. A (finished) backed game which the promised rewards where specifically steam keys? Something needs to be sorted out for that and not just a straight "no".

Also just general toxicity, crunch and all that fun jazz in the company.
UwU thanks. I was too busy with stuff and didn't know when I was going to come back on, so I knew that Sky would be able to get everything on Epic, I mean she is an avid gamer, but is also super dooper smart.

Reactions: 28142
Back