Eshop???? what the %@$#@$!?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I've been looking at the eshop randomly over a few months, while admittedly there are good games coming.... some REALLY.... bad games been in it (and none for the Wii U period, or I think there's one released every Thursday) The games aren't bad for people who want them.I mean they don't seem like they are pointed to gamers: There were ALOT of games I remember wishing I had money for EVERY time more came. But now it just has casual games or games the developer didn't try to do anything to make it fun, it seemed it was made for money ONLY.I wish there were more games made for gamers or to get others to be gamers not.... $#!+!!!!
I got it off my chest... I'm sorry it's been bothering me ALOT!

the Eshop: home for all the games you'll never want to play

Reactions: Frisk, 3905 and Kakea
the Eshop: home for all the games you'll never want to play
Lol! It had a handful,but now(I hope it isn't because Iwata died.... Bless his tortured soul) it seems it only has Time wasters not anything you play because you love games!

Lol! It had a handful,but now(I hope it isn't because Iwata died.... Bless his tortured soul) it seems it only has Time wasters not anything you play because you love games!
And we cant forget about the army of minecraft clones >.>

Reactions: Kakea
Eeelch fern real.... Or the crappie sidescrollers like: Don't touch red, Or I gotta run!
I hope this isn't the future for them!!

Hey! Indie developers need to make a living too and it's a very competitive place to work. If you think you aren't entertained by indie/DSi games that's up to you but I'd rather respect them by saying you tried to entertain the general public and all you got is disrespect from the one kid on the internet. Money is something not everyone has and money is needed to make more games and the eShop is the cheapest way to distribute them. I do agree though people need to work harder before they share their creations to the general public unless you get good feedback like Wayforward's games and Gunman Clive has the classic Kid Icarus gameplay. It's life for ya.

I have mixed feelings for the Eshop, I'm grateful that we have it since most parents (including mine) don't like going to the GameStop unless it's around Christmas time. The Eshop has good games (Attack on Titan, Majora's Mask, etc) and the casual gaming games are great too (Animal Crossing, Story of Seasons, Tomodachi).

True I'm sick and tired of Minecraft spinoffs because everyone has a Minecraft themed game now (rest in peace Harvest Moon). And the indie games aren't so bad there are some good ones think of them as apps that would be one the phone, their there for fun and enjoyment.

Reactions: Kakea
Hey! Indie developers need to make a living too and it's a very competitive place to work. If you think you aren't entertained by indie/DSi games that's up to you but I'd rather respect them by saying you tried to entertain the general public and all you got is disrespect from the one kid on the internet. Money is something not everyone has and money is needed to make more games and the eShop is the cheapest way to distribute them. I do agree though people need to work harder before they share their creations to the general public unless you get good feedback like Wayforward's games and Gunman Clive has the classic Kid Icarus gameplay. It's life for ya.
I know it's hard to make games and they NEED money and this IS the easiest way to do it, but there's no imagination for SOME games! My example Don't touch red....I saw the game in the Wii U eshop.... it's literary moving something up and down as different objects pass on the screen.I know it's hard to make games.But I wouldn't make a mini game for a entire game!!!
I DO know there are good indie games,I have played Stealth inc. Rise of Clones and I loved it!! It was SO fun and reminded me of first party games I played! :) BUT there's other games that has NO intuitiveness,uniqueness or imagination.
There ARE some first party games too like this, but the eshop is full of MANY indie games that no one cared about and are made only for money!!!

Reactions: Artisan
Quite true, I've seen much games on the Nintendo eShop that is just not good or done horribly (mostly like the DsiWare). But it takes a lot of hard work to make them as Artisan pointed out; at least majority of the games are good in even the littlest ways.

Looking on the bright side, there are many good games and retail games in the eShop that makes it really wonderful way to buy games and software.

Reactions: Kakea and Artisan
Yeah I bought and still want some indie games! I wish that Nintendo would look and see who's serious about games first though, instead of certain games sneaking into the eshop....(I still want:
Comic Workshop
Runny Egg
Blue Kid 2
Cosmophony
And (I know it's not a indie game technically but) Train to Kyoto!

The eShop hosts all kinds of games, I looked through the cheap games at one point on the 3DS and found all manners of absolutely stunning games such as... Gummy Bears Golf, yeah. Maybe not so stunning after all. Apparently it had a physical re;ease as well, according to the eShop, even though it only costed £1.

Other than that, well, as I said - I looked through and saw plenty of them. Some had demos, which I played. Never looked much through the Wii U eShop. On the Switch, everything seems to be of notably greater value than the 3DS, so I don't see much of them now. I come across the occasional game which looks poorly-made but that's about it.

I think it was back in the era of the original DS and Wii that random companies would try to sell anything they could to unsuspecting parents who didn't know what their kids actually wanted, this seemed to die down with the 3DS, even further on the Wii U and almost completely gone on the Switch. No more Gummy Bears Golf: Switch Edition.

Back