AC:NL Ever had a bad experience on the island?

• Thread starter MegaStriker
  • Start date
MegaStriker

MegaStriker

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I had a bad experience on the island once in which someone was selling their crown. I had a lot of bells, so I decided to buy it from the other player. She asked for the bells first. I dropped them down. She picked it up and then LEFT. I got scammed. Out of a million bells. I didn't have to worry because I still had millions of bells. I now know to never buy other players items on the island. Have you ever had a bad experience on the island?

I have never had a bad experience, because i have almost no trust in humanity. Either They give first, or it doesnt happen. See, this happens to a person when trading with Bitcoin... I lost a couple hundred dollars... Now I sweat the small things so I can no longer get scammed

I always thought that method of trading was kinda dumb, cuz that's the sort of thing I would've pulled off myself had I played longer than I did. XD

One time, this girl was on the island at night, and without ever speaking to each other, we formed a silent agreement to cover the island in holes. It was wonderful~

(also, used Action Replay once on Wild World; the weeds-to-bells cheat. Broke the whole game. There was no point anymore. :/ )

When something like this happens, I think you can close your 3DS or turn off the wifi, so it won't save and you will still keep your items, no?

Sorry that you had a bad experience :( The worst I've got was pretty stupid, only someone who decided they would hit me non-stop with a net without saying anything. So nothing that bad really.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad experience on the island. I’ve had plenty of good ones, like just randomly giving Bells away, but nothing that was nessecarily bad, lol

Not really, cuz most of the people I talk to were pretty trustworthy. ^^ I'm super duper cautious by nature, so I kinda don't do the whole 'Bells first' deal. You gotta gimme the item first, or you can get out of my place. :hilarious:

Yes, I have had a very bad experience online. I mean it wasn't horrible, but after that, I changed my 3ds friend catchphrase to meta jerk online.

Man sorry to hear that someone scammed you like that. I am willing to bet you weren't their only victim.
They probably have been making real fast money on the island in that manner.

I remember that a girl was on the island, said she wasn't feeling well, so I talked to her, after a while, I realized that she probably was considering suicide, so I was trying my best to help her (keep in mind I was like 10 or 11 when this happened) I don't remember her name, but I hope that she is okay now

I remember that a girl was on the island, said she wasn't feeling well, so I talked to her, after a while, I realized that she probably was considering suicide, so I was trying my best to help her (keep in mind I was like 10 or 11 when this happened) I don't remember her name, but I hope that she is okay now
Oh, wow, BlueJ that's pretty heavy. It must have been hard at such a young age finding yourself in that situation with the girl. I too hope too that she is doing better nowadays.

Reactions: Jisenku
I haven't really had a bad experience on the island before...
I do remember a time when someone was saying that I wasn't able to Homebrew my 2DS by using a Android tablet, which pretty much almost gave up all my hope for having Homebrew... but now I have it!

Reactions: P2.0
I’ve only had one bad expirience on the island that wasn’t people incapable of catching beetles or people sabotaging me who was trying to catch beetles, and it was a dude who assumed I watched something innopriate pertaining to luigi due to me wearing a luigi outift. Otherwise, its been fine

a dude who assumed I watched something inappropriate pertaining to luigi due to me wearing a luigi outift.
The funny thing is, I wear a Luigi outfit too.

Almost all of my experiences on the island have been great. However, there was one mishap I just can't wrap my head around. There was this female villager on the island (possibly a boy in real life) who constantly asked me about my sexual life. It was funny at first and then he/she just took it way too far. She/he went beyond creepy, but I won't tell all the details. Eventually, I left, feeling quite disgusted. My best experience on the island, however, was when some chic gave me 2 perfect fruits (one perfect apple and one perfect orange).

I never go online on the island lol

That whole thing of "give the money first, then I'll give you the items" is literally the most common scam method though. My rule of thumb in any game that if there's not any proper trading mechanisims in place where you trade the items simultaniusly, then there's a damn good chance you'll get scammed.

my worst experience on the island happened when i was trying to pay of my debt to tom nook. i needed money and i saw the beetle method was quite good. so, i wen there and i spent about 4 hours catching beetles till my storage was full. i had caught MANY rare beetles and i was quite satisfied. as i was about to leave the island to save (since you cant save on the island) my 3ds battery completely ran out of juice and all my progress was deleted. i got the flashing light but i ignored it.
moral:always charge the 3ds before playing

my worst experience on the island happened when i was trying to pay of my debt to tom nook. i needed money and i saw the beetle method was quite good. so, i wen there and i spent about 4 hours catching beetles till my storage was full. i had caught MANY rare beetles and i was quite satisfied. as i was about to leave the island to save (since you cant save on the island) my 3ds battery completely ran out of juice and all my progress was deleted. i got the flashing light but i ignored it.
moral:always charge the 3ds before playing
OOOOOOOF

Doing a trade and having the human take off around my island, then to find out they snagged my only rare gold & Jacobs ladder flowers it was sad..after that I wouldn’t do many trades without Tohru with me to watch them.
Anything sneaky I’d cut WiFi fast.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back