Evolve or not?

• Thread starter Naiwen
  • Start date
Naiwen

Naiwen

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Some I will make them evolve, some not. For instance, there's no point in evolving Jigglypuffs into Igglypuffs, since essentially, they're the same, no new skills nor ability, at least, I see none more useful than the Jigglypuff's.

Well, you can fill your Pokedex... evolving...

Well it depends. There are moves you want it to learn because there are some Pokémon that only learn moves in their previous form that the evolved form doesn't learn. Also if you just like the Pokémon the way it is, you not evolve it. It is just up your opinion how you wanna go about it. Both have its advantages.

Some I will make them evolve, some not. For instance, there's no point in evolving Jigglypuffs into Igglypuffs, since essentially, they're the same, no new skills nor ability, at least, I see none more useful than the Jigglypuff's.

Well, there are plenty of countermeasures your argument.

1. Many Pokemon have ideal moves that they can learn through breeding.

2. If you're a competitive player, or even if you aren't; trainers and breeders may want ideal natures for 'X' Pokemon. This goes hand in hand with IVs.

3. The Pokedex, some Pokemon like Igglybuff or Munchlax are only obtained through breeding.

4. Shiny Pokemon if you're a really dedicated breeder, you may even shoot to obtain a shiny Pokemon using the foreign breeding method to increase the chance of a shiny Pokemon to hatch from an egg. And if it's a Pokemon that's only obtained by breeding, it's an even greater accomplishment. =D

Reactions: Marc
I almost always evolve all my Pokemon. The only times I don't is when I want to make the games more challenging and complete the story with unevolved Pokemon. I did that with Fire Red and Emerald.

I almost always evolve all my Pokemon. The only times I don't is when I want to make the games more challenging and complete the story with unevolved Pokemon. I did that with Fire Red and Emerald.
Oh grats Mori ^^ I have only beaten a game with four Pokémon. I never tried with unevolved Pokémon.

With Fire Red? Wow, I didn't think that was humanly possible. At least, I was never brave enough to try.

I have a few Pokemon that I keep unevolved due to me liking them, but I can't think of any examples at the moment.

I usually don't evolve my Pokémon. I try to collect every Pokémon there is in the game without the need of evolving them, except for starters, that is.

I like Dragonair and I hate to evolve it into Dragonite, I like Dragonite (awesome Dragon-type) but I hate his appearance so I like to keep Dragonair unevolved, other than that, I always evolve my other Pokemon.

I'll always evolve my Pokemon unless of course there are no benefits and I don't like the appearance either way. I'll usually want to go for any evolution I can get though - I'm more often found being picky about Pokemon: If they don't evolve, I usually don't do anything with them ;)

I'll always evolve my Pokemon unless of course there are no benefits and I don't like the appearance either way. I'll usually want to go for any evolution I can get though - I'm more often found being picky about Pokemon: If they don't evolve, I usually don't do anything with them ;)

Well, the only thing I care about evolving will be to use they Mega-Evolution or filling the Pokedex-

I would definitely like to evolve every pokemon , it will make your pokemon stats higher I think ? But I always like the last evolution of pokemon better than the rest.

They're not the same. Also, Igglybuff to Jigglypuff is what I think you meant. Thing is, when they evolve they end up with higher stats and end up being better competitively. Metang is considered fail while Metagross is considered legit. Something to consider..

They're not the same. Also, Igglybuff to Jigglypuff is what I think you meant. Thing is, when they evolve they end up with higher stats and end up being better competitively. Metang is considered fail while Metagross is considered legit. Something to consider..
Yeah, I agree, I hate to evolve my Pokemon for instances like, I had a Staryu and I evolved it rather early therefore I did not get the privileged to gain most of Staryu moves, Starmie doesn't learn no moves when is evolve, (Pokemon HeartGold)

Yeah, I agree, I hate to evolve my Pokemon for instances like, I had a Staryu and I evolved it rather early therefore I did not get the privileged to gain most of Staryu moves, Starmie doesn't learn no moves when is evolve, (Pokemon HeartGold)
Yeah, and with the stone evolutions, sometimes the final evolutions learn no additional moves when leveling up while their preevolutions do. Moral of the story: don't automatically evolve Nidorino/Nidorina to Nidoking/Nidoqueen :p

Yeah, and with the stone evolutions, sometimes the final evolutions learn no additional moves when leveling up while their preevolutions do. Moral of the story: don't automatically evolve Nidorino/Nidorina to Nidoking/Nidoqueen :p
Yeah, there is a lot of disadvantages when it comes to evolving most of the time with stones, I sure do know now to level my pokemon to a certain point, Starmie also gains more stats boost when leveling up compared to Staryu so I guess there is some advantages and disadvantages on a case like that.

Yeah, there is a lot of disadvantages when it comes to evolving most of the time with stones, I sure do know now to level my pokemon to a certain point, Starmie also gains more stats boost when leveling up compared to Staryu so I guess there is some advantages and disadvantages on a case like that.
yeah, so basically only evolve when you've got all the moves you need. That way, your pokemon is more competitive (although obviously you should also go for EV training and such :p)

Back