Exchanging eShop Games with 3DS Friends

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Do you think it should be possible to exchange games with friends via eShop with the Nintendo 3DS? It'll be a cool feature to have, but video game companies may get hit hard due to lower sales.

What are your thoughts about this?

Reactions: Reece
Do you think it should be possible to exchange games with friends via eShop with the Nintendo 3DS? It'll be a cool feature to have, but video game companies may get hit hard due to lower sales.

I don't like the idea because they will make the games expensive.
I like the idea about this will make an account system.

I think it should at least be available for Retail games (Download versions) becuase technically we can share our retail games with anybody If we have the cart. So, it should be possible to exchange their Digital variants as well.
It should be something like this, If I want to share my Digital game e.g. MH3U with you, then you get the game and my version gets uninstalled/deleted permanently. An exchanged game shouldn't be exchanged again(to help the developers/publishers), so you can't exchange my MH3U with anyone else not even back with me.

It would be sweet, but publishers would never let that happen. They'd go out of business.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
That will never happen :p Developers would go bankrupt. And it may be better this way, and it would be hard to program it into the 3ds.

Yeah, my thoughts are the same as everyone else, it will be a totally awesome feature, but I doubt it will ever come to be because Publishers/Developers will lose there money due the lower sales.

If they ever did do an exchange system for games, it should probably be with games with the same price. But yeah, even though this stuff happens in real life with physical copies, I doubt publishers would let that expand to digital copies

For physical games, I let two friends finish my Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's a nice strategy to complete support conversations and characters (she has been playing as female MC; trying to complete every support conversation).
For eShop games, I think we could treat those as exclusives (except you want to sell your 3DS installed with digital games). I won't sell my physical games, too, because I work for those games. They are emblems of my effort :D

For physical games, I let two friends finish my Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's a nice strategy to complete support conversations and characters (she has been playing as female MC; trying to complete every support conversation).
For eShop games, I think we could treat those as exclusives (except you want to sell your 3DS installed with digital games). I won't sell my physical games, too, because I work for those games. They are emblems of my effort :D
Yeah, multiple save files is definitely the way to go for completing the support conversation log (although even with that, it's reaaally hard to get all of them :p)

I thought you meant like gifting games to other people... Can you do that? How do you do that? Anyways, it would be a fun idea but Nintendo would never let that happen :(

I thought you meant like gifting games to other people... Can you do that? How do you do that? Anyways, it would be a fun idea but Nintendo would never let that happen :(
You can't really gift games to other people. All the games are tied to an eshop account and the only way to transfer is an all-or-nothing approach. So gifting games really isn't an option with downloaded games

I understand the majority of people would, but I wouldn't. What if the person I'm letting borrow my game's 3DS breaks? No thanks.

I understand the majority of people would, but I wouldn't. What if the person I'm letting borrow my game's 3DS breaks? No thanks.
that's kinda similar to sharing cartridges because people could easily break the cartridge somehow when you share it with them. The risk is there either way

Back