Extracurriculars

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
Jack

Jack

♪ I think I'll try defying gravity ♪
Towns Folk
Is anyone else involved in extracurricular activities at school? If so, what do you do?

I'm on my schools Academic Bowl/Scholastic Bowl team. It's sort of like team Jeopardy; two teams if five race to buzz in and answer trivia from a variety of topics. Unfortunately a lot of the questions are about literature, and I'm not much of a reader, so I can never answer these questions. The thing I like about Scholastic Bowl is that you compete against the opposing team, but you also compete against your own teammates in order to answer the most questions.

Last edited:
I did tech stuff for my school's theatre when I was in my sophomore, junior, and senior years. I also did help with homecoming hallways early in the year and tried to stay involved with stuff with my class. I did some stuff with the Spanish Honor Society as well once I was able to join in my junior year.

I never really did anything extracurricular. Im kinda that socially awkward loner who just goes straight home and doesn't leave his room type of kid, and so as a result the thought of doing anything extracurricular is...well, unappealing to be frank. The most I've ever done was go to a homecoming game when I was a freshman, so I dunno if that even counts. But even with that, besides sports, every school I went to never really had anything for extracurricular activities

I did theater for 2 years as both a tech person and an actor. As a whole, it was a negative experience so I'm not going back. I was also part of my school's art club, which was much more positive. I met some of my best friends there and learned a lot!! My main activity is Marching Band. Our school is ultra competitive with this, so it's a lot of fun but a lot of work.

Is anyone else involved in extracurricular activities at school? If so, what do you do?

I'm on my schools Academic Bowl/Scholastic Bowl team. It's sort of like team Jeopardy; two teams if five race to buzz in and answer trivia from a variety of topics. Unfortunately a lot of the questions are about literature, and I'm not much of a reader, so I can never answer these questions. The thing I like about Scholastic Bowl is that you compete against the opposing team, but you also compete against your own teammates in order to answer the most questions.

Last year I also tried out for my school's swing choir, but I didn't make it in because I'm a terrible dancer. I'm fairly confident I'll get in next year though.
I do band and soccer. Also volunteer ocassianoly

I've never participated in any extracurricular activities before since I'm the type of person who just wants to go home and not stay at school longer than I really need to. Plus, there's always a lot of work that I have to do so I never have that time.

I used to play Football.

Reactions: J9794
I didn't use to be in extracurricular activities AT school. However, I used to learn English outside school so I could take the FCE exam, and also I made different sports like swimming, TaeKwonDo, etc.

I used to do PE and recreational Soccer, if those count as extracurricular activities. I only scored 1 goal in my entire time playing Soccer... and I didn't even witness it (face-planted on the ground after kicking).

I used to participate in Pole Vaulting & Cross Country in highschool... then I got hip dysplasia problems & couldn't do those anymore /o/ & French Club in middleschool.

In college I'm active in the Rennaisance Faire committee, and was in the Acting Club when it was around. I was absorbed into the Anthropology Club for a while but it doesn't hold my interest as much & won't fit into my main schedule anyway.
Through high school & college I've been drug to various video-game. LGTBQ & anime clubs by friends or partners but I never really cared for them too much. (I did care about the people running them, though).

...I never really thought I was involved in a lot of extra activities. Huh.

Back