Fake cheats?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya everybody! P2.0 here, and hooooo BOY, has it been a while since I've done one of these! D: these

If I can for a moment, lemme take you back. Back to when games were what they were, and didn't try to cater to a wide variety of folks. And used cheats! :D over
Do you still remember that old cheat for unlimited ammo, or the one that lets you moon-jump? How about the one that unlocked a new character? Good times, huh? Nothing made you want to play a game over again like using a few chat codes to alter the game in fun and wacky ways.

...However, sometimes you hit duds. :/ Sometimes you find out that as some kind of dumb joke, someone posted a cheat that looked promising, and even provided screenshots of it working. Only to find out it was fake. ;-; Spirits have been crushed, and you wanted that person to get run over by a car! :eyes2: Der, I mean- *COUGH*!

Anyway, what fake cheat did you hear about and try? 'o'

Reactions: Alex.Dips and AricAttack
I heard that you can unlock a secret island jn animal crossing wild world. You had to collect 50 fossils and not get them assessed. You had to then sell all 50 fossils to tom nook within an hour and he would give you a silver whistle. You blow the whistle at the beach and kappn comes and takes u to the secret island. I read this on gamefaq but i never got enough fissils to do it. But its obviously fake. I thought it was real back then.

Reactions: Alex.Dips and P2.0
I read about a bunch of Minecraft cheats, and tried some. They didn’t work lol, turns out it was mods XD

Reactions: Alex.Dips and P2.0
There’s always the one about Mew hiding under a pickup truck. I also remember fake ones from April Fool’s day issues of EGM, like unlocking Akuma in Resident Evil.

Reactions: Jisenku and Alex.Dips
I heard that you can unlock a secret island jn animal crossing wild world. You had to collect 50 fossils and not get them assessed. You had to then sell all 50 fossils to tom nook within an hour and he would give you a silver whistle. You blow the whistle at the beach and kappn comes and takes u to the secret island. I read this on gamefaq but i never got enough fissils to do it. But its obviously fake. I thought it was real back then.
Gee whiz, I just don't get how someone can come up with something so fake and think it'd be funny to pass off as real. :'o Especially the long fetch quest ones!

I read about a bunch of Minecraft cheats, and tried some. They didn’t work lol, turns out it was mods XD
Oh, well shoot. :hilarious: But hey, at least you know they're real! :D Just in a different sense, lol.

There’s always the one about Mew hiding under a pickup truck. I also remember fake ones from April Fool’s day issues of EGM, like unlocking Akuma in Resident Evil.
Ok, now the one about Mew I've heard of. But the Resident Evil one is news to me. :eek: How long ago was that one?

Reactions: Alex.Dips and Deepak
Ok, now the one about Mew I've heard of. But the Resident Evil one is news to me. :eek: How long ago was that one?
I want say it was in the 1998 April issue.

Attachments

• 36B81CDD-670D-407B-B3AE-CB0031A19C98.jpeg
    36B81CDD-670D-407B-B3AE-CB0031A19C98.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Jisenku, P2.0 and Alex.Dips
I don't know if any of you've ever played Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life or Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life for the GameCube. There were a bunch of rumours that you could take adopt stray animals. Seeing as you do get a stray cat from Ramona in Chapter 2 (and apparently the chihuahua from the dig if you've befriended Carter near the end of the game), they weren't all that difficult to believe. I think one was about taking home a rabbit if you befriended Vesta, and there was another about being able to keep the turtle with the red scarf around its neck in the small lake by the ocean. I feel like there may have been more, too. Wish I could remember!

Last edited:
Reactions: P2.0
I want say it was in the 1998 April issue.
Ngl, I would've loved it if that was true. :'o My heart, my soul.. </3

I don't know if any of you've ever played Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life or Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life for the GameCube. There were a bunch of rumours that you could take adopt stray animals. Seeing as you do get a stray cat from Ramona in Chapter 2 (and apparently the chihuahua from the dig if you've befriended Carter near the end of the game), they weren't all that difficult to believe. I think one was about taking home a rabbit if you befriended Vesta, and there was another about being able to keep the turtle with the red scarf around its neck in the small lake by the ocean. I feel like there may have been more, too.
I've heard about that game, I was real close to getting it, but it dropped off my radar. ;-; The adopting animal thing sounds believable, honestly. I did that on HM:AP many times. I wish it was real for that installment. ;-;

Reactions: Alex.Dips
My most classic fake "cheat" that i still try and do to this day is all the combinations of pressing buttons when catching a pokemon to make it catch XD some where pressed a and then b 50 times and it guarantees a catch or press a and then the arrow on the direction the pokeball wobbles to help it stay in the ball or simple things that were never actually true but things i now still do in the hopes it helps haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and P2.0
There's a "cheat" in among us where you apparently have a higher chance of getting imposter if you rapidly change your color right before the game starts.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and P2.0
My most classic fake "cheat" that i still try and do to this day is all the combinations of pressing buttons when catching a pokemon to make it catch XD some where pressed a and then b 50 times and it guarantees a catch or press a and then the arrow on the direction the pokeball wobbles to help it stay in the ball or simple things that were never actually true but things i now still do in the hopes it helps haha.
I know what you're saying but it's technically true (but not that specific) with the Master Ball glitch on the Pokemon Gamecube games. I never heard of any myself but in some ways cheats and their purpose were meant to be cryptic anyways. You are dealing with things you can't really see until executed in most cases unless you have a way to read the data. In a way that sounds like the plot of an SMT game and in actuality that's mindblowing.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back