Fake iOS 7 Ad: Waterproof - People fell for it

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
iOS7-waterproofs-your-phone.jpg

I can't believe how dumb can be some users, really, how one can make something waterproof with a software update and without a hardware change?

Well, this joke made a lot of people angry, because they wanted to test that new function. And...

People who helped:
enhanced-buzz-3303-1380020915-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-3353-1380020935-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-704-1380020953-9.jpg

enhanced-buzz-3105-1380020969-1.jpg

Well... What do you think about Internet power?

I can't believe some people actually dropped their $700-$1,000 phones in water after upgrading to iOS 7, :eek:

Even if a phone is waterproof, I'd never drop it in water. But the Twitter comments took the cake :

tweet.png

Reactions: ErixSan
I can't believe some people actually dropped their $700-$1,000 phones in water after upgrading to iOS 7, :eek:

Yeah, you must be ignorant, crazy or dumb to do something like that.

Ahhhh the idiots are at it again, perhaps they deserve a broken iphone or ipad for being that stupid.

Ahhhh the idiots are at it again, perhaps they deserve a broken iphone or ipad for being that stupid.

The joker or the users?

Well, iPhool....I mean iPhans are a bit stupid for falling for something that obvious. I mean how could something related to software affect your hardware! It's simple common sense then again common sense isn't common. xD

The joker or the users?
The users, the people who actually threw water on their phone.

If someone is stupid enough to throw their phone in water thinking software changes make it waterproof, they deserve to have their phone mess up.

Reactions: Reece and jandkas
If someone is stupid enough to throw their phone in water thinking software changes make it waterproof, they deserve to have their phone mess up.
Exactly, but I guess some objections can be made here like old people or little children because they don't know any better.

Exactly, but I guess some objections can be made here like old people or little children because they don't know any better.

Exactly. Well, I feel sadly for the little children...

My friend who worked at Apple support had to tell someone that Apple Care did not support dropping an iPhone off a cliff into a river.

It was his last day of work.

Reactions: ErixSan
iOS7-waterproofs-your-phone.jpg

I can't believe how dumb can be some users, really, how one can make something waterproof with a software update and without a hardware change?

Well, this joke made a lot of people angry, because they wanted to test that new function. And...

People who helped:
enhanced-buzz-3303-1380020915-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-3353-1380020935-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-704-1380020953-9.jpg

enhanced-buzz-3105-1380020969-1.jpg

Well... What do you think about Internet power?
Never trust the internet as what would make a phone waterproof you should actually think if it's true at first , by all means.

Never trust the internet as what would make a phone waterproof you should actually think if it's true at first , by all means.

Well, I don't think a software update can change the hardware XD

Reactions: Reece
I never saw that thing but it's ridiculous to just make an update and for the phone to be waterproof there must be new hardware to add this function or you could buy a unattached little micro who could alert when it get in contact with water

well, that made my day. xD

Can't believe some people actually fell for it...it seems they're not very bright, to say the least. :p

it would be miracle, if an iOS update could do that, we can dream, can't we? xD

Now that is just one of the extents of human stupidity which we never thought was possible. It makes zero sense, especially when you say that turning off the phone protects the circuitry. If water gets in, it doesn't matter if the phone is off or on, the circuit board will be damaged along with the other components of the phone. And for the people who actually tried it, well I've got absolutely nothing to say to them.

Look at it this way, you're all posting in a technological section of a forum, so each one of you has some basic understanding of today's technology, at the very least. Some of these 'iFools' may have no knowledge about today's technology for various reasons, so calling them stupid for being unaware of this is a bit unfair. You could be the greatest biologist in the world, but have little to no knowledge about what goes on inside a device, what software/hardware is, etc. Does that make you an idiot? Nay.

^Fair enough.

This news is the best part of a year old now anyway. :yawn:

Back