Fantasy Life Fantasy Life Save File Saves to SD Card ONLY

• Thread starter Yumi Chi
  • Start date
Yumi Chi

Yumi Chi

Creative Gamer Girl
Towns Folk
Long Story short transfer pictures from a micro sd card to pc sd adapter my card got corrupted.. most of my games had there data safe on the carts but Fantasy Life Didn't my high level Player gone .. this is for all those who I played Fantasy life with SAVE and BACKUP your 3DS card to your PC cause this game saves to SD card not cart O.O been working on getting all my DLC re downloaded at least ..

I'm sorry you lost your save, but sadly it has been known for a while that the game saves to the SD card, there a couple of topics talking about it on the forum, and on the web also. Sorry for you :(

Yeah, I was pretty upset when I lost my FL save too...
At least, I had fun with my friend leveling up to legendary paladin in 7 hours after that :p

MH4U has better save management because from what I can tell after my accident, it saves unimportant information on the SD card (like downloaded quests or things like that, I don't know) and keeps your characters and their progressions on the cartridge. So even when you lose your SD card, you still have what's most important : your 400+ hours of hunting :p

Reactions: Kakea
But it works the other way around as well. If you lose your cartridge, by having the save file on the SD card you can still buy the game again and keep your progression. Or if you lend your game to a friend and they like it, they can buy the game and continue their progression (I did this with a riend)

That, or you could backup your cartridge save to your computer then restore it to the new cartridge you bought :p
As you can tell by the fact I lost my savegame, I never backup anything actually -.-

That's unfortunate. ;-;

This is the main reason why I fear switching SD cards. It seems like Fantasy Life data can easily be corrupted if not transferred properly. I'm definitely going to take the above advice and back everything up before I make the switch.

That's unfortunate. ;-;

This is the main reason why I fear switching SD cards. It seems like Fantasy Life data can easily be corrupted if not transferred properly. I'm definitely going to take the above advice and back everything up before I make the switch.
I wish they made it possible to simply copy it to the system memory to keep it safe..(if you have enough blocks)

True. That would have been devilishly convenient; so much so that such a feature could have avoided this entire issue. I'm pretty sure the reason why all of the save data resides on the SD is simply because of the DLC. It's already programmed into the game, but you have to 'unlock' it; therefore buying the DLC. I'm also certain that it's much more complex than how I described it lol.

Well on the contrary, if the DLC is already in the game, the savegame location should be less important than if it wasn't.

If the DLC was not in the game but somehow downloaded on the SD card, you could have problems when deleting the DLC from the SD card and still having a savegame using DLC features.
But if the DLC is always present (unlocked or not), no matter what your savegame mentions (so no matter where it is), it works with or without the DLC.

Hmmm... it's not possible if you delete the the DLC if it was always in the game, to be programmed to "lock up" all the DLC content and revert the game back to it's original self? Like turning options as Sound and music on and off?

Yes this happened to me too when I switched over for 3DS to New 3DS I lost my whole save file.

Yes this happened to me too when I switched over for 3DS to New 3DS I lost my whole save file.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you use the transfer tool!!!!!? Mine switched easily to The New 3DS! How did that happen? It was smoothish when I tried...(It took hours to switch over though,I still remember holding it until I went to sleep......)

Back